Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat Topolino coupe

Limeyglue

I've just started this Atlantis yellow fever Fiat. I have widened the rear wheels to fit the slicks from a Revell 68 Dart kit and also got some 3d printed twelve spokes from 3d scale parts. 

Put the basic chassis together along with the front and rear axles.

Thanks for looking Lee 

20221214_205710.jpg

20221214_205728.jpg

20221217_195901.jpg

20221217_200236.jpg

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Rad! Looks super tuff with the bigger slicks and skinny 12-spokes. 

What are your impressions of putting the chassis together?

A bit fiddley the joints are not great lots of test fitting. The mounting holes for the ladder bars are huge so I had to double check they were all in line and then I filled the gaps and sanded smooth

• Like 1

Yes, I do know this.

But, all those parts in one box with fresh tires and decals, I'm in.

Just have to ditch the engines, as both engines in the kit are not suitable. The Ford Motor was seldom used. (Very, Very Seldom) and the other is just as bad. And Neither is the Hemi called out on the decals. Major Fail on the part of Atlantis, but fixable. I'll be dropping in a 283 Chevy, which was used quite often in the little Fiats.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Y'all do know the basic kit is repops of ancient Revell parts-pack tooling from the early 1960s, right?

The frame itself is on the left, below.

f42abd6440edff0ceb877003e1cd691e.jpg

Fiat body kit source, below center

Pin page

You do know not everyone can get these? They are not available in the UK

16 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Sure wish they would repop these parts packs. They are getting hard to find and quite expensive when you do find them.

That's exactly what these Atlantis kits are...repops of several original parts-pack sprues in a single box, for significantly less money than even one original these days.

Amazon.co.jp: Atlantis Model 1/25 Yellow Fever Drag Star Keylers Custom ...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 7:57 AM, TarheelRick said:

I guess there are mostly available from on-line dealers.  Have never seen one out in the public domain.  Of course, I am relegated to Hobby Lobby and Michael's as my "hobby shops".

Hobby Lobby does carry some of the Atlantis ships and aircraft, but for some reason they haven't carried any of the automotive stuff. 😑

On 12/29/2022 at 2:50 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Y'all do know the basic kit is repops of ancient Revell parts-pack tooling from the early 1960s, right?

If you're interest in the olde Revell Parts Packs, check them out here: https://public.fotki.com/jferren/revell-parts-packs/ some of the few things that I do 'collect'.... RRR

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

If you're interest in the olde Revell Parts Packs, check them out here: https://public.fotki.com/jferren/revell-parts-packs/ some of the few things that I do 'collect'.... RRR

Yup, I was "collecting" them too, back when the popular wisdom said we'd never see them again...right up until just before the repops were intro'd from the same tooling.   B)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update. 

Took some time off from this as it was doing my head in! A few bits scratch built such as the rear shocks and mounts and made some mounts for the belly pan which will be permanently mounted to the frame and then the body mounted to that so it can still be removed. 

Also made some pedal mounts as the kit has no pedals!

I have now got the chassis painted and mostly complete still some engine work to do and then onto the bodywork. 

Thanks for looking Lee 

20230430_115127.jpg

20230430_114640.jpg

20230516_152735.jpg

20230516_152657.jpg

20230517_123050.jpg

20230517_123118.jpg

20230517_123133.jpg

20230517_123205.jpg

• Like 4