Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gene Snow's Rambunctious Funny Car

jlucky

You may have noticed that all of my posts so far have been dragsters, but I do build funny cars as well, although because of the body I tend not to do much if any detailing. That said, a few years back I made an effort to build Gene Snow’s 1970 “Rambunctious” Dodge Challenger funny car with some detailing. The kit is of course the Johan Challenger. Tip-of-the-hat to Tim Boyd and his fantastic book: Collecting Drag Racing Model Kits, where I learned that the Johan body is perhaps the most accurate Challenger body based on the proper wheel wells etc.

This being built a few years back, it seems that all that detailing was so much easier. Included are various fuel, ignition and gauges wiring and plumbing. The kit had the “Ram-Rod” decals but I only used the ones that worked with the real car and then waited a few years to get the final touch – a set of Slixx decals to complete the look.

I’ve also included a photo of the Funny Car collection as it exists so far and the latest iteration of “the garage”, which is always a work in progress.

Gene Snow 1.JPG

Gene Snow 2.JPG

Gene Snow 4.JPG

Gene Snow 5.JPG

Gene Snow 7.jpg

Funny Cars.JPG

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jlucky said:

Tip-of-the-hat to Tim Boyd and his fantastic book: Collecting Drag Racing Model Kits, where I learned that the Johan body is perhaps the most accurate Challenger body based on the proper wheel wells etc.

Heh Jerry,,,,thanks very much for the shout out here.   Glad you enjoyed the book, and thanks for posting pix of this addition to your outstanding funny car stables....Best....TIM