Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Only One for 2022

StevenGuthmiller

man, every time i see this car on one of the platforms i have to stop and look at the pictures again.  it's such a gem.  your WIPs have been such a massive help for me as i learn the hobby - thanks a bunch for your willingness to explain your process!  can't wait to see the finished bonneville!

• Like 1

This is one of the nicest model car builds that has been shared with us. Absolutely beautiful detail work and paint application. You have earned the right to be very proud of your craftsmanship as the representation of your model to the 1:1 automobile is stunning.  Well done!  👍

Joe

Wow!  This is exceptional. I love the detail. I see you sanded ‘flats’ on the bottom of the tyres - great idea, to make it look more realistic.

One question - did you photograph with the hood shut, then glue the hinges on afterwards to photograph with the hood open?

4 hours ago, beeRS said:

One question - did you photograph with the hood shut, then glue the hinges on afterwards to photograph with the hood open?

No.

The hood hinges are separate pieces that are held in place with magnets so that the model has the option of being displayed with the hood in the open or closed position, as well as removing it completely.

Steve

• Thanks 1