Model Cars Magazine Forum

1951 Nash Rambler Sedan Delivery

Joe Lange

On 1/4/2023 at 4:27 PM, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Okay so I did use some more drag style headers, I can make some more like this and sell the other style as an add on if this is a more desirable setup.

Sounds like a plan, Charles!  I thought the motor came out quite well.  Here is the engine/chassis test fitted to the body.

DSC00797.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE IT !   It is so off the wall and weird that it's beautiful 😍!  I was so inspired by this build that, at one point, I was on the edge of grabbing one of these body's from JF.  Long story short I ended up with the '53 Ford Country Squire body ( I've got 2 donors sitting on the shelf). Let's get this puppy painted!  Very cool, Joe 👍

12 hours ago, customline said:

I LOVE IT !   It is so off the wall and weird that it's beautiful 😍!  I was so inspired by this build that, at one point, I was on the edge of grabbing one of these body's from JF.  Long story short I ended up with the '53 Ford Country Squire body ( I've got 2 donors sitting on the shelf). Let's get this puppy painted!  Very cool, Joe 👍

Thanks Jim!  Jimmy Flintstone makes some nice, (and a little strange), stuff.  And his casting quality is great.  Don't forget to post some WIP pics when you start the '53 Ford.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After a few stops and delays the little beast is finished!

Although there were a few posts and articles on the internet regarding '51 Nash Rambler Station Wagons, there was next to nothing on their Sedan Delivery.  Only found one or two black and white advertising/brochure pictures.   Tried to keep it as 'stock' as possible except under the hood.  I think the 225 Dodge 'slant six' looks very comfortable in there!  Was tempted to put 'Speedy Delivery!' on the front fenders but......       The paint is 'Behr Premium' Gloss, 'Roasted Corn'.  Went on smooth and polished up very nicely once it dried.  The drying time is just as long as Rust-oleum spray.  I let it dry for 2 full weeks before polishing.  Bumper chrome is 'Spaz Stix' spray, and trim is BMF.  

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy it!  

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00863.JPG

DSC00864.JPG

DSC00865.JPG

DSC00866.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

DSC00869.JPG

• Like 5

JOE! It's PERFECT!! I absolutely LOVE IT!! 

The color, the decals, the concept - you nailed it!  The engine bay detailing looks like  1:1 !

It was worth the wait. I'm glad I checked in early today and became the first to congratulate you on this extremely interesting  build.  🤩 👍

Edited by customline