Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 NextGen Camaro part deux

MarkJ

2 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

And throwing in a little bit of Francis in it too? A man of the world our Mr. J

😉

Oh, is that French?  I just got it from some sequel comedy movie I remembered from a while ago. I really don't remember the name of the movie, but I know it had part deux at the end of the title because it was part 2. For some reason I think Charlie Sheen was in it but I'm not sure. I've never been out of the states and don't plan on it anytime soon. Canada would be nice but don't want to fly and I don't want to drive that far.

20 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Oh, is that French?  I just got it from some sequel comedy movie I remembered from a while ago. I really don't remember the name of the movie, but I know it had part deux at the end of the title because it was part 2. For some reason I think Charlie Sheen was in it but I'm not sure. I've never been out of the states and don't plan on it anytime soon. Canada would be nice but don't want to fly and I don't want to drive that far.

hot shot part deux

I noticed on the instructions this time that it said to put 3 pennies under the front lower control arms so I did it this time. Maybe the stance will be more correct. Also, I noticed on the last build that only the upper surfaces of the engine are visible so 

i will only paint those parts of the engine.

22ros1.jpg

22ros2.jpg

I did things a little differently this time. Instead of putting the center and front cage together and then installing it to the underpan, I just started from the rear and installed the chassis pieces to the underpan as I went along. Things seemed to fit together better this time by doing that. I had to take my wife's hair dryer to the under pan to flatten it out, before I could start installing the chassis pieces. It was pretty warped, but I finally got it to fit the body after frying my fingers a little in the process. the hood was pretty warped, but I got it fixed too.

22ros4.jpg

The front suspension on this was not fun again like the first one. The instructions call for a part that's not even in the front suspension, so you have to figure out which part they really wanted you to use. The rear suspension wasn't that bad this time because i remembered a tip about the parts so I wouldn't try to put them on upside down. When I removed a lower rear control arm from the parts tree the part broke without any undue pressure on my part. I had to glue it back together before I could continue. When I mocked up the build with the tires and wheels it sat true with all 4 tires on the ground my first one wasn't just right on that. the tip on the pennies was helpful in getting that right

Somebody built a NextGen Camaro and built their own switch plate. I've been trying to find it for reference to make one to get the size right, but I can't remember the builder. If you see this, could you post a picture of your switch plate in your model here, so I can gauge how big I should make mine? Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Hi Mark !

Sorry can't help with switch panel !   Nice build coming along, is the dash a kit part ? 

Thanks, Martin. No the dash panel nor the switch plate comes in the kit. Hopefully the 2023 kits will have these two items. 

Started on the switch plate and got the dash panel installed. I messed up the paint in a few places, so I had to reprime in places. I will repaint the dash tomorrow. The switch plate is just a made-up part because I could find no ref pics of the one, I'm doing. Just need to make some toggles for the switches and install and then paint everything and install it.

22ros13.jpg

22ros14.jpg

Not correct, but without ref images, I'll just have to guess. It's hard to see this stuff when its installed anyway. the teams are sure secretive about what they let out there. Not a whole lot left to do on the chassis. Lookinf forward to moving on to the body.

22ros20.jpg

22ros21.jpg

33 minutes ago, Pierre Rivard said:

I like how you did the switch box. Time to copy one of your ideas again for toggle switches going into the Jag project!

😀

Thanks, Pierre. The switches are .020 rod. When you use enamel chrome paint touch it on with a tooth pick a couple times on the tip which makes the tip a little bigger like a toggle switch. Jag project? where will it be?

38 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Thanks, Pierre. The switches are .020 rod. When you use enamel chrome paint touch it on with a tooth pick a couple times on the tip which makes the tip a little bigger like a toggle switch. Jag project? where will it be?

Not much of it done yet, in WIP Other Racing. Started it after completing the 911 GT1 and 64 Sebring "Turd" Cobra builds

1 hour ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Not much of it done yet, in WIP Other Racing. Started it after completing the 911 GT1 and 64 Sebring "Turd" Cobra builds

I was following along on the 64 Sebring deal, but it hasn't updated lately, and I did not know you had finished it. Didn't know anything about the 911.

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

This is looking great Mark , really like how you did the switches !

Thanks, Bob. Like I said, I think the switch plate is a little too big but that's about as small as I can work. I finish the chassis and am feeling good about it and then I realize I put the rear brake rotors on backwards. I can either leave it that way or cut off the calipers and try to make new ones to install in the correct position. Don't know if it's worth the effort. Bummer.