Model Cars Magazine Forum

Build-A-Bimmer Werkshop..... All things Bavarian.

JollySipper

Hello, fellow model builders! I hope it's okay to start a topic here..... I was just wanting to open a thread about anything to do with BMW. This thread can be a place to show both works in progress, or for completed builds. Anything to do with this lovely automotive company, from motorcycles, to full-on race cars, and everything in between!

I guess I should get things going for us! I just got the Hasegawa 2002 tii yesterday..... This is a very nice kit! They have you start with the interior, since there's no engine to speak of. So far I just have the wheel and shifter done...... I'll be going with a tan and black interior, and hopefully silver for the exterior.......

SDC10357.JPG.baebc13ebc394341e301c2ff396a632a.JPG

So, if any of you guys want to share either finished builds or progress on one, please feel free to do so!

I'll play along. Kit is one of the nunu bmw e46 touring cars but I'll be making a stanced road car using a uscp interior kit with a front seat swap from a ferrari trans kit. Wheels will be custom deep dish 19" 5 spokes with the brakes from the ferrari transkit as well. Colour will be as close to the e46 green as i can get with a humbrol army green and tamiya pearl, possibly with another pearl from from duplicolour too.

OIP.qr3zQdTbIygO_WDzRkkk8gHaE4.jpg

35 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

Nice job on the wheel mate, if you give the wood you've done a dusting of clear orange it'll be spot on for the nardi wheels that a lot of these get

I agree, a nice coat of Tamiya Clear Orange would make it POP

993983761_Getin(1).jpg.20c872aba7d938bfa64f080a67c7a823.jpg

I like Bimmers. I'll follow 

Edited by Belugawrx
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

Nice job on the wheel mate, if you give the wood you've done a dusting of clear orange it'll be spot on for the nardi wheels that a lot of these get

That's what I was hoping the wheel could represent.... I need clear orange for the indicator lenses, so more than likely I'll put some on the wheel, too.....

• Like 1

I can't really start on this in earnest until I get some primer, which should happen tomorrow........ The primer I have isn't behaving well with this Hasegawa plastic. It's too hot for it. In the meantime, I'm just doing small stuff for the interior.......

SDC10360.JPG.9052b7c99817ef0258839a5d5901539c.JPG

I found something rather amusing in the instructions! I guess something is lost in translation.........

SDC10362.JPG.2d4c76d0d6357b3bbd03a4d38457ab4b.JPG

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

I can't really start on this in earnest until I get some primer, which should happen tomorrow........ The primer I have isn't behaving well with this Hasegawa plastic. It's too hot for it. In the meantime, I'm just doing small stuff for the interior.......

SDC10360.JPG.9052b7c99817ef0258839a5d5901539c.JPG

I found something rather amusing in the instructions! I guess something is lost in translation.........

SDC10362.JPG.2d4c76d0d6357b3bbd03a4d38457ab4b.JPG

if you follow the directions please dont share any photos

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Yea, and the Alpina wheels too. 🙂

Cool! I wonder if anyone makes a decal set for Alpina graphics? I want to get another one of these kits and at least the under hood detail stuff for it...... I wanted to get a feel for the kit first, but now that I have it, it's such a good kit that there wouldn't have been any problems with the detail-up stuff.......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Cool! I wonder if anyone makes a decal set for Alpina graphics? I want to get another one of these kits and at least the under hood detail stuff for it...... I wanted to get a feel for the kit first, but now that I have it, it's such a good kit that there wouldn't have been any problems with the detail-up stuff.......

I think spot model have the alpina graphics and a few others for this kit and the e30s

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...