Model Cars Magazine Forum

New member from SK, Canada

dphipps

Hey guys.

I found my way here a while ago and have been clicking around really enjoying everyone's work being shared. I'm a mid 30's guy that messed around with models as a kid and I'm sure like many others here I didn't touch them for many years. Last winter I got back into it and got 3 built, and so far this winter I've gotten 4 built with another on the go. All 7 kits were unbuilt from my youth... There was a period in time where I got a lot as gifts and never started any of them, haha.

Looking forward to having an outlet to share my work with others! 

Here's a pic of my most recent build. This is a Revell '59 Impala Lowrider. Other than the lowered parts the only kit additions to make it the lowrider version are wire wheels, and a chain steering wheel which I didn't use.

signal-2023-01-16-061833.jpeg

Edited by dphipps
pic was huge
  • Like 2

is SK Sasketchewan ? if so , i went on twwo 'fly in ' fishing trips 2006 and 2008.

camp was owned by a friend of a friend only wanted $500 for the week ! owner who is a big time farmer up there also supplied all the food but we bought the beer. he has since sold the camp.

DeHaviland Beaver missinippe sask. 2.jpg

THE CREW @ LaROUNGE.jpg

Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear that you found your way back to model building and are enjoying the community here. I can relate to finding unbuilt kits from my youth, it's always exciting to finally get around to building them. I am also new to the forum, started building model cars during the pandemic and found it to be a great hobby. Can't wait to see more of your builds and share mine with you all! And the '59 Impala Lowrider looks great, nice work!

On 1/21/2023 at 10:34 AM, redzed said:

is SK Sasketchewan ? if so , i went on twwo 'fly in ' fishing trips 2006 and 2008.

camp was owned by a friend of a friend only wanted $500 for the week ! owner who is a big time farmer up there also supplied all the food but we bought the beer. he has since sold the camp.

Sure is! 

I'm not much for fishing these days but fly-in is pretty common here. They say Saskatchewan is home to 100,000 lakes.