Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alpine Mountain Ski Lodge Mini Shuttle

Modlbldr

I built this Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper yesterday for the 24 hr build-off on Facebook. Finished the car in 16 1/2 hrs but went back after a quick nap and added the scratchbuilt roof rack and skis and poles from my parts box. Still finished with 20 min to spare (took two hours in there to attend a Memorial over Zoom also).

The paint didn't go so well but, given the theme as the "Alpine Mountain Ski Lodge Mini Shuttle", I doubt they would wash and wax it too often. Lol.

Had a blast chatting over Zoom with many guys I've met on different platforms. If you didn't join in the fun and want to try it next year it will be the last weekend of Jan, 2024 which coincides with the Rolex 24 Hr race.

Later-

20230129_113727.jpg

20230129_113739.jpg

20230129_113836.jpg

20230129_114517.jpg

20230129_114548.jpg

20230129_114220.jpg

20230129_013245.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, espo said:

Like the theme and the roof rack looks great. 

7 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Very nice Mini.  Well done.  I like the theme.

Thank you guys. The theme was a last minute decision to cover a few of the mistakes like the poor paintwork.

I moved to a new work area in the basement and the cold room temp, coupled with the fact that the heating element in my dehydrtor seems to be out affected the outcome of the paint(I think). It turned out more like semi-gloss.

Later-

• 4 weeks later...