Model Cars Magazine Forum

Roger Hayes

slusher

On 3/19/2023 at 3:54 PM, Steve H said:

He was an extremely talented builder, I absolutely loved his “style”

Same here. Makes this news of Roger's passing even sadder. 😔

Edited by Casey

• 2 months later...

I don't know about you guys but Roger has left a legacy at my workbench.

A looooong while back there was a thread about removingy the thick clear undercoat that kit manufacturers use under the chrome plating. His suggestion was LA's Totally Awesome. And by golly.... It vaporizes kit chrome in hours (sometimes minutes) and eats away that stubborn coating in an overnight soak or three. It's my go-to for chrome stripping and I doubt I ever would have tried it had he not suggested it in the first place.

Godspeed, Plowboy...

• 2 months later...

I’m hoping all who have commented on this thread will be notified of this new comment. This is Roger’s daughter, Heather. I joined this forum today so that I could find all of his threads. It has been so touching to read all of your comments of how highly he was thought of here. I knew my Dad was talented but I didn’t realize it was to this extent. I am so glad to know that just how amazing he was was accurately displayed here as well. His loss was sudden and very unexpected. He did have Covid at the time of his death, but had been doing better. We were told a massive heart attack was to blame. We are still completely in shock because I can assure you all, no one had a better heart than him. His garage with all his models has been one of the hardest sights to see since his passing. No matter what he was working on, when I arrived he always put everything down for me. I am going to look for his last build the next time I go home and will update here what I find. Thank you all for the outpouring of kind words and prayers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1