Model Cars Magazine Forum

Los Angeles 2029AD

Tcoat

9 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Well this is different. Very cool looking but I'd like some details on what you've done as far as scratch building and actual models.

The T-800s are 1/32 scale from the Pegasus kit. These ones were the non plated kit so were painted with Modelmaster chrome.

bd29ddaa607044b0a05365e0803cc97flg.jpg

The Hunterkiller is also a Pegasus kit and although it claims to be 1/32 is closer to 1/48. Works OK in a forced perspective type of way though.

101842224.jpeg

The skulls on the base are cut out of the platform that came with the T-800 kit and spread around. 

The playground equipment is all scratch built from tin, plastic rod and assorted spare parts.

The ground is drywall compound with saw dust, bits of plastic debris and whatever I swept off the bench glued on.

The whole thing is painted in 4 shades of grey to mimic the lighting of the opening shots of the movie.

5 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Thanks. I'm very impressed with the whole diorama and your playground equipment especially.

I watched that movie opening sequence about 100 times. Of course the spacing and sizes are a bit condensed to fit into the space I wanted but it is all accurate as I could get. 

• 2 weeks later...