Model Cars Magazine Forum

spray booth liner

I have one of the double fan spray booths that I bought from Amazon. I do love it but it came with thin plastic liner and it's getting all funky after doing over 20 cars... I tried to clean it but it really doesn't come clean.. I cleaned the turn table with lacquer thinner and it come out like new..  I was wonder what you guys use for a liner... I was reading on the web that aluminum foil works. I was also thinking that maybe poster paper would work and just use the 3m double side tape to hold it up.. any suggestions.. Thank 

Several years back I came in possession of several (hundreds) of sheets of newsprint, they are about 2X3 feet.  My spray booth is a home-built unit made of plywood. I simply thumbtack a couple sheets of the newsprint inside to cover the walls and floor, run some blue tape down the center overlap and use that until it needs changing, then do it again. If you were to go to a newspaper publisher close to where you live, they may have off-cuts they would be willing to give you or sell for a minimum charge.

We have an ACE Hardware store nearby that is also a U-Haul rep. They have clean newsprint paper in individual boxes with multiple sheets.  I think the paper is 24" x 36" in size. Something like this would make a good liner; tape the sheets where required and replace when you need to. 🙂

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 9:55 AM, Rick L said:

I line my paint booth with a Boston Sunday Globe I bought  back in 2005 for a couple of bucks. Still have plenty of pages left.

Best use of the Globe I've heard of in a very long time. The Sunday Globe now, like many other papers, is tiny compared to what it used to be, and is now about twice as expensive, if not more.

Charlie Larkin

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 4:55 PM, V8tiger said:

Thanks to everyone....! So many good ideas... I'm gonna try out a few but they're all good...... thanks again.. joec

Yep. Boils down to whatever you want to throw down. My old home made paint booth just got the inside painted with whatever was inside the airbrush after every project. Looked like the underside of an inner city overpass!

Edited by Tcoat