Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morgan Automotive Detail

After selling on Ebay and, by word of mouth for a bit We now have a website up. Some of the member here have bought from us in the past. For those not familiar with us we offer a wide aray of detail prewired resin distributors as well as some wheels sets and, a few other odds and, ends. We will be adding more items in the near future. You can have a look at our stuff here http://www.madmodeling.com/store/ Thanks.

Kris, How bout selling a series of Vintage wheels for the Model T T , Model A A and later lighter duty 1 ton trucks such as the Dually Chevrolets and Dodges . I have suggested this to several casters and so far no takers ! Common , ya'll are selling the same products I have already seen ( RACING PARTS). Please???????

Ed Shaver

Kris, How bout selling a series of Vintage wheels for the Model T T , Model A A and later lighter duty 1 ton trucks such as the Dually Chevrolets and Dodges . I have suggested this to several casters and so far no takers ! Common , ya'll are selling the same products I have already seen ( RACING PARTS). Please???????

Ed Shaver

Ed,

Interesting you should mention old truck wheels! I have mastering for the Ford 1.5/2-ton 5-slot, 5 lug offset steel truck wheel, as used by Ford from 1929-52 (along with Chevrolet, Dodge, Studebaker and International Harvester!), and the 1928-early 1929 single (not capable of being "dualed") 6-slot, 5-lug Model AA truck wheel already. In addition, I just got done spending approximately $300 to bring my old Sherline lathe back into action, and later this spring, plan on adding Sherline's excellent vertical mill to my workshop. One of the projects when I get that machine tool will be a TT truck rear wood wheel, possibly doing it with both the 33" high pressure tire, AND a solid rubber tire version. As I write this, I am in the midst of turning out the parts for the Marmon-Herrington Ford AWD front axle units from clear acrylic plastic, expect to have several of these done in a day or two as well.

FWIW, all my references, and my own eyeball observation of TT Trucks is that they used the standard Model T passenger car wheel up front, the front carrying very little more than it would have in a passenger car, the vast majority of cargo and body weight being nearly balanced over the rear wheels, so likely I'll not be doing a specific front wheel for the TT.

Art

What about a Model TT and/or Model AA rear axle/suspension? A decent Model T engine/trans would be nice as well.

I've actually started building an Entex 1/16 Model T into a TT but even then I can't use much from it, just the basic engine/trans and front suspension, the rest will have to be scratch built, but if someone comes up with good parts in resin I might be convinced to do it in 1/25 instead!

David

Art, Both Jarius and I want you to hurry along with the lathe . I know you're talking about the wheels but that dosen't put them in my hand s as we spoke about this subject in our phone conversation . Heck I think it would be wonderful if Jarius could finance a run of the 1932 Ford trucks he did that outstanding pen and ink of in Resin . Meanwhile you could do the wheels and tires . Then I would have to do a period 1932 Service station , Gulf Perhaps?

Ed Shaver

Hey , WHITE EAGLE GASOLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the kind words and, interest everyone. Nice to see we are making our customers happy. Got an email from Gregg about two weeks ago to let me know he will be showing the distributors in the next issue. They will be in the "Whats New" section. As Jeff said,buy all ya like, we'll make more. Thanks again everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...