Model Cars Magazine Forum

I finished this just now. I airbrushed it using a couple of old jars of purple paint I mixed up. Quite possibly HOK and nail polish? Then I misted on some HOK Lime Time pearl around the bottom. I made a stereo head and speakers out of some old scrap PE I had on hand. Also made an antenna out of tubing and a pin. Scrap mirror with a scratched base rounds out the custom parts. A bit of wiring and plumbing for the engine to make it look a bit more finished.

Nothing special but a fun little kit to build.

Later-

20230306_115409.jpg

20230306_115330.jpg

20230306_115317.jpg

20230306_115346.jpg

20230306_115228.jpg

20230306_115216.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really cool. I like the fade job. When you think about the deign, the fork specifically. I don't think it would be able to actually turn a corner with that extreme rake angle. Plus the springs on the fork probably wouldn't even compress. The rods will flex, that's all.😁

Edited by Mike C
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just now seeing this one, too! That color combo makes for a period-perfect look in my book. It just screams 1970 to me, right off a magazine cover. If it were to be strictly a show bike/trike, I'd love to see some bass-boat metal flake under that candy paint; that would put it over the top! Super fun and well done build.