Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rocketfin Hobbies new kits coming !

Mr mopar

The Heller goods trailer will be perfect behind my 1993 Chevy Extended Cab promo.

However, I'm drooling over the AMT 1960 Ford 3 in 1 pickup with the trailer. It generated lots of conversation and excitement at another thread that covered it.

Edited by John M.

1 hour ago, Fat Brian said:

I wonder if the Aoshima Cragars are the old MRC set? If so it'll be good you have those back. I'm interested in the Hasegawa Beetle too.

No MRC was just an importer, primarily for Fujimi items in it's heyday. Those Aoshima "Cragers" are a BIG and little set from their...unique...take on the concept of what a Hot Fod is/was

aos04383_0.jpg.7fe22afd99146d6c99c96047dd646a51.jpg

40 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

No MRC was just an importer, primarily for Fujimi items in it's heyday. Those Aoshima "Cragers" are a BIG and little set from their...unique...take on the concept of what a Hot Fod is/was

aos04383_0.jpg.7fe22afd99146d6c99c96047dd646a51.jpg

So the MRC wheel sets were reboxed Aoshima wheels?  I always wanted a big and little set with the good Goodyear tires because the Wide Ovals were so square.

4 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

So the MRC wheel sets were reboxed Aoshima wheels?  I always wanted a big and little set with the good Goodyear tires because the Wide Ovals were so square.

I can check on what the tires look like on Firestone, Goodyear or Mickey Thompson.  I have these remaining in the tire stash

SAM_2579.JPG

SAM_2580.JPG

SAM_2581.JPG

SAM_2582.JPG

10 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

Actually the American Muscle Car Hop Up Sets shown above were a third party wheel not connected with Aoshima or Fujimi. But the wheel set being reissued in this list is the set from the kit I posted, not the MRC wheels.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Some interesting offerings, that's for sure.

The ICM Model A will be a treat, I'll bet.

Aoshima/Hasegawa/Fujimi needs better distribution in America. Their prices have gone crazy.

Charlie Larkin

Your local dealer is buying from the wrong distributor if that's the case. I've found that all three are actually highly competitive in shelf price with the current Round 2, Revell, and Moebius pricing. In some cases actually quite a bit lower like with the recent reissue of the Chevy Astro Van by Fujimi.

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Actually the American Muscle Car Hop Up Sets shown above were a third party wheel not connected with Aoshima or Fujimi. But the wheel set being reissued in this list is the set from the kit I posted, not the MRC wheels.

Gotcha, thank you for the clarification. 

Some kits I noted.

Revell is bringing out another version of their new Landrover tooling, this time with the proper hood with the spare tire on it.

Miniart is getting a whole lot of versions out of their new "Lanz Bulldog" tractor tool. Just by changing Wheels/Tires they have gotten several kits.

MPC, to judge by the Box Art will be releasing the '81 Camaro in the "Turbo Z" edition!!

AMT is supposed to issue the old '67 Mercury Cyclone GT kit. That should upset some collectors.

A whole lot more there, too. Should be a great year for kits!

Yeah, for a "dying hobby" that's a lot of product. 1/12 Stratos, Aston DB5, VW Corrado and GT350R (new Revell decals? Yes, please!) are definitely in my future. It would be nice if Round2 released the 280ZX with a new windshield (no rear view mirror molded in) but I'm not holding my breath for that one. And the "hot rod" N1 Starfighter from The Mandalorian. And the Tamiya Gordon Murray T50, which isn't in Rocketfin's post. Gonna be an expensive year!

2 hours ago, stavanzer said:

AMT is supposed to issue the old '67 Mercury Cyclone GT kit. That should upset some collectors.

Has that been verified? Could be the AMT/Ertl kit with retro box art. Or, perhaps a cloned new body, possibly using the remains of the annual kit that didn't get turned into a "Funny car".

31 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Saw that and thought eh, sure, AMT/Ertl '90s tooling reboxed...

then I came back around to take in all on the boxcover that's not in the '90s kit.

Which prompts me to wonder a little if I didn't brush the '66 Skylark modified off a little too quickly, too...

Wouldn't the '66 be more desirable?

EXACTLY.  We've been clamoring for the cloning program on the Buick, Steve Goldman promises to unveil items he thinks are "even better" than the '60 F100 in a couple weeks, and maybe that's not even the right box cover, or just a place holder. 

Gets me wondering what might be hiding in plain sight. 🙂

Yeah, scratch all that. Went back to the other list, sez modified race car very specifically.

What a lead-pipe cinch a renewed '66 Skylark kit would be, though...

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis