Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Delahaye 135

landman

15 minutes ago, landman said:

There was a big discussion this morning about whether to wire and plumb the engine or not. We should know more in the days to come.

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

What do those guys know?

That big old engine is begging for plumbing and wires.

pretty-please-yes.gif

• Haha 3

Some of the Heller car kits are a bit shall we say, challenging.

On their Delage kit there is a join that has to be made right across the top of each rear wing. Cannot understand why they tooled it up in such a fashion. Weird! It will take a very experienced modeller to be able to fill and smooth it so that it will disappear when primed and sprayed.

Hope this Delahaye kit is a bit more straight forward to build as it is a very nicely styled car.

As you are already aware Pat, this Delahaye 135 kit is not an easy one to put together, but I would say that it is well worth the effort to complete the build. There are so many paint colour combinations that suit this car, and I dare say you are probably leaning towards one in particular?

These 1:24 scale Heller kits are not like any of the big Japanese manufacturers, as regards their assembly procedure, but the subject matter does offer us choices that we can't find elsewhere. My favourite would be the Talbot Lago Record Cabriolet, and I do have both the Delahaye and the Talbot in my collection. Both model cars were a ' challenge ' and also truly rewarding . . .

Enjoy your build !

David

• Like 3

On 3/22/2023 at 11:52 AM, Tcoat said:

What do those guys know?

That big old engine is begging for plumbing and wires.

There you go Tony. Now that it's all dolled up do I put it in the car  or on theshelf? Hope it is up to your standards.😉

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, landman said:

There you go Tony. Now that it's all dolled up do I put it in the car  or on theshelf? Hope it is up to your standards.😉

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

much-better-guy.gif

In the car! A plumbed engine is doing no good on the shelf.

giphy.gif