Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Delahaye 135

landman

Just now, Anglia105E said:

Your idea for the fenders was so good Pat, using the spoon , , , and then a slight miscalculation on your part. No need to feel embarrassed, if you can see the funny side of the error !

David

I forgot to mention . . . Your engine for this one looks really good.

David

• Thanks 1

Heller missed the peak on the top of the front fenders (unless there is another 1/1 with rounded fenders). I put a thin brass wire on them with a tiny bit of super glue, then added a bit of putty to blend them in. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the fenders look great that way! 
   Very creative, it’s what this hobby is supposed to be. You probably wouldn’t want to attempt this on a 1/1 car, for obvious reasons. However, it a model! Take it away bro.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pat, totally rethinking taking on the notorious task this coupe appears to offer up.  Picking up on the additional touches of detail are greatly appreciated.  Dare I say a hopped-up version might be hidden under that classic design skin. I picked this kit up at our local IPMS show and swap meet a couple months ago. -KK

• 3 weeks later...

This Heller Delahaye 135 is certainly fighting back and giving you a hard time Pat . . . I seem to remember the build of this model proving to be problematic on a daily basis, and I was relieved to get it finished at the time. The whole kit feels alarmingly fragile, so not one you would handle much after completing.

I do hope it doesn't give you too much grief, now that you have reached this advanced stage !

David

• 6 months later...

I decided to give it a second chance. Since I have to glue everything together to get it straight , I removed the engine and put it in the engine case. It goes together only with much persuasion so it'll be a "barn find" at best. Also I seem to have loist the grille, so I'll have to improvise.

IMG_2985.JPG

IMG_2986.JPG