Model Cars Magazine Forum

RENWALL REVIVALS

Anybody know if the Renwall Revivals moulds still exist and who might have them?

Would be nice to see those kits reissued by someone. As far as I can remember they only had one production run way back in the 60's. I fear that the moulds may have been scrapped long ago.

Maybe some enterprising 3D printing programming expert might be able to work up some programs of those old Virgil Exner designs and bring those cars back again in kit form. Or alternatively some resin caster take copies from the original kits?

Edited by Bugatti Fan

Revell bought Renwal in the mid-Seventies and has reissued a small number of their items.  The Revival kits were duds when released, one person long-gone from here once claimed that one of the hobby wholesalers cleared out the last of their leftover Revival kits in the mid-Eighties.  Seeing as how Revell never did anything with them, if the tools still exist then they were never moved anywhere.  Atlantis may have gotten them, again if they still exist.  I'd guess that Renwal probably scrapped them given how poorly they were received when new.

I would just like to hear from Atlantis, If they have these or not. If they are missing ,presumed scrapped, (unobtanium ) would just like to know once and for all.  If they do have them, think about repairing  and issuing  the Mercer, to see if there is any demand.

Do it as a kickstarter, if you have too.  I thought we would never see the Man from U.N.C.L.E. car, or the Pyro Serpent again, but they showed up,so you never know.

http://www.madle.org/evival.htm

rrr.jpg.84dd40a5117b7cc40b6572850400482b.jpg

ExnerPage4.jpg

mercer_cobra_roadster_by_virgil_exner_11-1024x768.jpg

bugatti_type_101c_roadster_1.jpg

xmercer07.jpg

wtfizit18.jpg

th (1).jpg