Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1937 Chevrolet Master Business Coupe

Jim B

46 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Thanks, guys.  I appreciate it.  I think the maroon fits as well, but it sure is a dust magnet!

Check the Wal-Mart nearest you that has models. If they still have AMT display cases, they had a really good deal on them. Might be worth checking Wal-Mart.com, too.

Charlie Larkin

5 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Check the Wal-Mart nearest you that has models. If they still have AMT display cases, they had a really good deal on them. Might be worth checking Wal-Mart.com, too.

Charlie Larkin

I have a bunch of cases from Hobby Lobby. I think they're from Pioneer Plastics.

1:24 scale Diecast Case - 9″ x 4-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ - 094c (pioneerplastics.com)

I also have a wall display case.

Hey Jim, no need to be sad. your build looks very good and fits to "those days". I built that kit recently and had the same impression. Too bad an instruction sheet, parts not fitting etc. No kit for a beginner but for someone willing to cut, sand and putty. The up side is you have many parts left for other builds.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Looking really good! I like the color which is a good representation of the Regatta red that was available on the ‘37 Chevy.

I have the AMT  37 Chevy Wildfire kit, which probably is pretty much the same kit as this. I plan to build it stock, too. That way I’ll have the hot rod parts to use later.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Love the 37 Chevy.  I built 37 Cabriolet version in exactly the same color with chrome reverse wheels and a 409.  Had body-frame warpage problems with mine.  The boys at AMT couldn't seem to get their parts to fit right for some reason, but they did make a nice stovebolt for this one .

Edited by Supernurd
  • Thanks 1