Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Release MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible.

RDean58

Started working on this one last week. I got as far as trying to put the front wheels on when I thought to myself, "these plastic pins are a pain. Plus, that engine doesn't look at all good."  I went to my model supply cabinet and broke out an AMT 68/69 RR/GTX kit for the frame. I raided a Revell 68 Charger for the engine and am using a B-N-L resin torque flight tranny for the build. How does that AMT frame fit you ask? Very well thank you. I just had to do some minor sanding on the radiator support and firewall to get them to fit properly.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I selected the Keystone mags from the Revell 68 Charger kit and the redline tires from the new 68 GTO kit.

spacer.png

I am also using the rear axle from the Charger kit since it looks better than what AMT gives us in the 68/69 kits.

spacer.png

I still have to play with the location of the rear axle so the wheelbase is right, but here is how it looks right now.

spacer.png

Basic engine is done, just needs all the accessories glued on it. Here is how it looks inside the engine compartment. Chrome valve covers are from the Revell 68 Dodge Dart kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 5

Nice color choice. Keystones look good on just about anything. As I suspected, the GTX chassis will fit pretty easily.

I won't lie, I was a little surprised they didn't just tool the body/chrome/interior to use with that chassis. At least that's what I would have done.

Charlie Larkin

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, charlie8575 said:

I won't lie, I was a little surprised they didn't just tool the body/chrome/interior to use with that chassis. At least that's what I would have done.

Amen, but sometimes common sense ain't so common as the saying goes.