Model Cars Magazine Forum

HOK Cyan to Purple paint

Modlbldr

I'm looking for anyone who has one of these to trade. I was using this on a current build and had a problem with the hood a d need to repaint. However, I am out of the paint. Need it desperately. I will make it worth the trade. Doesn't need to be full. A quarter of the jar is more than enough.

Later-

20230407_214317.jpg

I did a search online, and the House of Kolor website has it listed as discontinued. I will still check when I get to the NNL, as you never know what old stock might be on hand. I did some more online searching, and found that Gravity Colors (Spain) has a color shift paint, cyan to purple.

https://gravity-colors.com/118-10-gc-2129-chameleon-cyan-to-purple/

Thanks. I'm hoping to find some old stock, which is why I posted here. I was hoping someone had some left over in one of these old small bottles. I already have the body painted with a base color and used some of this shift paint for panel accents. I just need to redo the hood. If I go with the Gravity paints I'm afraid that it may be a bit different and be too noticable a difference. But, if HOK can't be located I'll do what I have to.

Later-

20230405_124529.jpg

20230405_124535.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bill Eh? said:

Hi Tom, sorry to say that I couldn't find the paint at the NNL. In fact, it was quite surprising that there were no vendors of paint this year. :(

Thanks for looking. I bought a bottle of Gravity Colors Cyan to Blue (figured I could always use it somewhere. It looks much lighter in the bottle. It's not as purple. But- I added some to the bottle I had been using for the HOK paint and let the dried dregs from it mix with the Gravity paint and it is much more purple now. It should work well enough. The mixed paint is on the left.

Later-

20230421_140739.jpg

• Like 1