Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Pavement Scrapin'

billywilly92

I haven't been able to work on my model cars for a long time since I've been working on my actual car. But now I have finally started a new project.

It was originally going to be like what the picture on the box shows but now I decided I wanted to change it. So I took it all apart since it was half built and I cut up the frame. I plan on notching the rear so I can tuck up the axle so it will be lowered. I haven't figured out how to drop the front yet.

Here are some pictures of my notch. If it works then I am going to see if I can melt it together so its flush. Also this is the first time I have every tried something like this.

I have the seams all sanded so the body is somewhat flush. I plan on keeping it white and putting a decal on the side.

IMG_3084-th.jpg

They don't match up perfect but Ill fix that later. This is just a mock up.

IMG_3079-th.jpg

IMG_3083-th.jpg

Edited by billywilly92

Dat framework's lookin' goodly so far Bill. Can't wait to see some mockups with the body & wheels. As fer lowerin' the front, do ya some cruisin thru some the WIPs hereabouts, some nice 'Z' jobs and scratchbuilded frames. Should help ya out.

Dat Chebbelle your 'actual' car? Looks nice. :lol:

Dat framework's lookin' goodly so far Bill. Can't wait to see some mockups with the body & wheels. As fer lowerin' the front, do ya some cruisin thru some the WIPs hereabouts, some nice 'Z' jobs and scratchbuilded frames. Should help ya out.

Dat Chebbelle your 'actual' car? Looks nice. :P

Thanks for the info and whats WIPs? No thats not my car but it looks somewhat like mine except mines all black.

Edited by billywilly92

Thanks for the info and whats WIPs? No thats not my car but it looks somewhat like mine except mines all black.

Yer quite welcome, Billy..........and welcome to the forum. WIPs are "work in progress" and you be findin' them here "On the workbench". Checkem out the rods similar to yourn. Even go back a few pages. Lotsa great rod builders here, and you's sure to see some ideas fer droppin' yer frontend. Hope yer black Chebby is runnin' goodly for ya. Lookin' forwards to seein mo' o' dis here thuddytwo. ;)

I didn't like the grille so I decided to make my own. I also made a radiator that you can see through. It will look better once I put some filler on the spots where I cut to deep.

0219092027-th.jpg

This is the new stance of the car with the rear and front lowered. Its not exact because the rear end isn't in but its close.

0219092030-th.jpg

Here is what the car will look like somewhat.

0219092031-th.jpg

Here is the motor through the grille. Its just a mock up so it doesn't look perfect.

0219092032-th.jpg

Edited by billywilly92

Boy, you sure named this'un rightly Bill---it am fer sure gonna be a 'pavement scraper' :( Dang! Dat frame am low! Nice job on the front end, and them mags ;) totally rock!

I's really liking the look of that grille.......sweeeet!

You gots any colors in mind yet? :)

I have already painted the interior beige/tan and black. I just have to touch it up a little. For the exterior I was thinking of painting it a not to glossy shade of white and putting some type of black decal on the side. Also using the black decal through out the whole car so it kind of has one theme.