Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 GMC Fall Guy 4x4

Here's a few in-progress shots.

MVC374S-vi.jpg

MVC375S-vi.jpg

The topper is from a MPC 1980s Ford bronco.....the side windows i cut out from apiece of sheet stock and gave it a rough opening.....

MVC377S-vi.jpg

MVC380S-vi.jpg

Second stage of putty

MVC383S-vi.jpg

MVC385S-vi.jpg

Decided to open the doors on this project....

Building this to replicate my 1:1, been on the mind for some time now and decided it was time to start it.......

Finally after a third coat of primer and two block sandings i happy with how it looks now.........waiting on some pieces to show up so i can get started on the interior, thats gona take some time.........

MVC400S-vi.jpg

MVC402S-vi.jpg

MVC404S-vi.jpg

MVC406S-vi.jpg

MVC408S-vi.jpg

The bumps you see is water droplets had just got done washing the body......

Looks good, it's a cool idea. Do you have any pictures of your 1:1 blazer? Also what kit is that? I've been looking for an 80's chevy kit.

Thanks!

This started out as a GMC but you should be able to find a Sod buster pickup around, or the 79 both from MPC and both 4x4s.....

Here's a pic of the 1:1 of mine

MVC754Svi-vi.jpg

Have the interior installed, carpeted the back (hard to get a pic of right now) need to do some touch up painting yet thru out.........plus some detail painting under the hood.........

Filled the front bumpers turn signals still need to sand them, Did a trade a week ago and waiting on a unbuilt kit to come in cause i need the exhaust off of it.........(thinkt he post office lost it tho) so i may need to locate another one, or just scratch build the exhaust.......Still need to make drive shafts for it. Locate two sqaure headlights, and detail paint the turn signals and side marker lights...........

The hood still needs to be water sanded to smooth it out some more.........

Next will be the hard part i will be making the topper side window trim from scratch so this will take some time.............

Well hope you like, its gona be another one off off my bench fairly soon.........not alot time to work on it right now but i have been squeezing some time in here and there.........

MVC472S-vi.jpg

MVC473S-vi.jpg

MVC478S-vi.jpg

MVC479S-vi.jpg

MVC480S-vi.jpg

Well did manage to get alot done, but for some reason it faught me!

so for now its int he display cabinet, still needs a battery, front bumper (which i cant get straightened out ACK!)......will have to strip it and start over, gona have to do it adifferent way..........

exhaust is done,even added a receiver hitch after the pics were taken.

Still need to locate some stock 72 blazer wheel covers so i can cut off the lock hub detail, which iw ill be doing soon...

The i just waxed up i fiqured this way its only sitting here and not on any tables some where........

Also started the 88 Chevy Suburban last night and have a chassis all set up for it now..........

MVC491S-vi.jpg

MVC493S-vi.jpg

MVC494S-vi.jpg

MVC495S-vi.jpg

MVC497S-vi.jpg

• 5 years later...