Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Raptor Hauler and Trailer

Raul_Perez

great job. and it is even ECO friendly. probably california mandated that even plastic models be equipped with current and functioning pollution control devices. :D

Dale,

I got a bill from the DMV for next year's registration on the truck in the mail today...and yes, I have to get a smog certificate before they'll issue me new tags. :lol:

I better hurry up and build a scale smog test fixture before the registration expires! :P

Thanks for the chuckle!!

Raul my man!!

looking good as usual! I think we're all looking forward to seeing the real thing next Saturday. Now, I just gotta get you to start building race cars again!! :blink::lol:

Hossain

Sorry Hossain, but our buddy Raul is a "Hot Rodder" now...ya know he's gettin' older and shy's away from anything that may go fast! :lol::lol::lol:

For those interested, just got table confirmation for the NNL West

Raul, Jerry Cardinal, Steve Alamand and myself will be settin' up shop on tables #2 and #3.

Come on by and say Hi... :D

table location can be found on the NNL West 2009 swap meet website:

http://www.nnlwest.org/wcme.html

Oh by the way...great models Raul :)

I may actually vote for a "Peoples Choice Award" this year ;)

Edited by curt raitz

Raul my man!!

looking good as usual! I think we're all looking forward to seeing the real thing next Saturday. Now, I just gotta get you to start building race cars again!! :blink::lol:

Hossain

Thanks, Hossain!! It'll be good to see what you've built since I last saw you.

Sorry Hossain, but our buddy Raul is a "Hot Rodder" now...ya know he's gettin' older and shy's away from anything that may go fast! :lol::lol::lol:

For those interested, just got table confirmation for the NNL West

Raul, Jerry Cardinal, Steve Alamand and myself will be settin' up shop on tables #2 and #3.

Come on by and say Hi... :D

table location can be found on the NNL West 2009 swap meet website:

http://www.nnlwest.org/wcme.html

Oh by the way...great models Raul :)

I may actually vote for a "Peoples Choice Award" this year ;)

OK, let's take this one point-by-point...

1) I'm not getting older...I've already gotten older.

2) Remember the motto we lived by when we were young whipper-snappers, "Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money..."

3) What happened to our usual table(s)...haven't we bribed our NNL buddies enough lately??? We better bring an extra box of donuts this time.

4) Why start voting for People's Choice now...(see response #1), by the time we're ready to vote, we forgot which one we like! ;)

You guys are too much! :P

Later,

Raul,

Very good points you brought up! Curt says you're a hot rodder now, so we got to start pushing you towards the dark side!! I figure between Curt, Brendan and I, we have enough to push you to build atleast one GP model for NNL 2010!

:PB)

P.S

I'll make sure and keep my People's Choice ticket close by!! See you all in a few days!!

Hossain

wow thats a sweet set there raul!

on the subject of getting old, being currently single, my biggest problem is i keep getting older but those college girls stay the same age!

:wub:

im dying to see what hossains got under his belt this year. will surely put my meager offerings to shame.

...im dying to see what hossains got under his belt this year. will surely put my meager offerings to shame.

Maybe he'll have you beat in in volume, but not in quality. He builds some nice stuff, but that little speedster of yours is awesome!!

Later,

Another masterpiece, my friend! The NNL West coverage in the mags should surely include a photo of this rig. Beautiful job!

Thanks, Randy!! It'll be interesting to see what Gregg thinks of it.

Incredible! That build shows great creativity. Everything just comes together as it should.

Raisin

Thanks, Michael!! It's funny how some people think that it all comes together as a cool set and how others have commented that I used too many sets of Chrome T's. :P

Later,

This was one of the first builds I looked at when I joined here. All I can say is I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the work put into this ride. Great job! This is a Best In Show and Best All Around Winner to me! Hope the best for you at NNL!! Keep those absolutely Gorgous Builds comin' through.

This was one of the first builds I looked at when I joined here. All I can say is I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the work put into this ride. Great job! This is a Best In Show and Best All Around Winner to me! Hope the best for you at NNL!! Keep those absolutely Gorgous Builds comin' through.

Thanks, Jason!! What's most amazing to me was that I got it all done in time for the show. :)

Stunning Raul. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to Saturday. See you then.

Ron,

It'll be good to see you again. As I recall, the last time I saw you was at Milt's NNL.

See you Saturday!!

Later,

Hey Raul :D

This week-end is the "REEEELY BIG SHUUU" ;) ( 'Member Ed Sullivan?).

Good luck my friend at the unveiling of your "RAPTOR THREESOME", as they should

WOW the crowd :lol: .

I'm excited for you and wish you the very best. You deserve it.

Have a lot of fun - dave :lol:

Thanks, Dave!! Yeah, I've still got a lot to do to get ready, mostly in deciding what I'll take to show and what I'll take to sell. I hope that I don't so busy with all of my planning and packing on Friday that I forget to pickup Bernard from the airport. :blink:

Yes, I'm old enough to remember Ed's "REEEELY BIG SHUUU". :P

How old amd I??? Well, I'm old enough to remember seeing the Beatles debut, but young enough that I don't remember Elvis' first appearance. :rolleyes:

Later,

I saw this today at the show. Pic's don't do these any justice. Sweet set up!

Thanks!! It was a GREAT day for everyone!! I got to meet several of you that I've written to over the past couple of years.

I got Roy Sorenson's Staff Pick award for this one, (which is a very special award for me)...but the congrats of the day go to my good friend Jerry Cardinal for pulling in the MCM award, (given by none other than Gregg) AND the People's Choice Award!!

acar4a-vi.jpg

Jerry was very humbled by the awards and is now wondering what he'll have to build next to top this one!! :blink: But, that's also what he wondered whe he won the Gerald Wingrove award at GSL 2 years ago...

Later,

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there friend! I remember you wanting to finish tis one up and now Im so late to the party.. Gotta say Mr.P what will you do next to top this one.. Awesome execution on style and inno's.. Im sure he would have loved to see this played out in 1:1

Keep on wit the keepin on amigo!!

peace

tito

Hello there friend! I remember you wanting to finish tis one up and now Im so late to the party.. Gotta say Mr.P what will you do next to top this one.. Awesome execution on style and inno's.. Im sure he would have loved to see this played out in 1:1

Keep on wit the keepin on amigo!!

peace

tito

Thanks, Tito!! I'm glad to see that you're back on the forum!!

Yeah, this one is about 99.9% finished. I got some pics under the hood of a 1:1 Ford Lightning pickup last weekend at the Pleasanton GoodGuys show, so now I know how and where to route the water lines for the heater core. They clearly do not connect to the engine anywhere near where you would expect them to on most any other engine.

Beyond that, I still need to add the lower radiator hose and some safety chains to the trailer. Other than that, this one is DONE!!

My next build is pretty simple. I'm dropping a slightly modified Revell '40 Ford coupe body onto a Revell '41 Willys Street Rod chassis. Here's the link to the build.

Later,