4 axle log trailer (Deloupe)
Headache rack
Plaskit:
Trailer air ride suspension
Air ride truck suspension
3D printed:
Stacks
Bunks

For this project I get out an old PapyHobby 4 axle Logtrailer that I bought a few years ago. This is one of the worst kits that I ever bought. The trailer frame rails, bunks and stacks are FDM printed and this results in a quality that is to rough for 1725 scale in my opinion. The level of detailing and accuracy is very low.Not only that the quality of the kit is bad the suspension of that is include was incomplete, which means parts were missing. That was the reason why I put this it close to the garbage bin to through it away. But I didn't. With the release of the A&N Model Trucks Kenworth W990 day cab I got this kit out again. The anger was gone.  I had printed new stacks and bunks on my SLA printer which is more accurate and in better quality. Got some trailer suspensions from Plastkit and now it is getting better and better. The Kenworth is as usual from A&N excellent in quality, part fitment and accuracy The first time I solder the chassis rails and crossmembers.

IMG_0185-vi.jpg

IMG_0186-vi.jpg

IMG_0187-vi.jpg

IMG_0188-vi.jpg

IMG_0219-vi.jpg

IMG_2787-vi.jpg

IMG_2788-vi.jpg

IMG_0216-vi.jpg

IMG_0217-vi.jpg

IMG_0218-vi.jpg

IMG_0219-vi.jpg

IMG_3244-vi.jpg

IMG_3245-vi.jpg

IMG_3246-vi.jpg

• Like 3

This build is going to be epic !, Love what you are doing here Michael, and where I think it may be going.... this is like many logging trucks seen here in British Columbia, except for the 4th drop axle on the trailer, here in B.C. we are only allowed 3 axles as our roads would not be able to take the 'scrubbing' the 4th axle would put on the highways with our somewhat tight curves....  we are allowed to have 'Jeeps' for heavy haul on lowbeds as they are at the back of the trailer and can turn, lots of rules and regulations here in British Columbia..... I will be following your build with enthusiasm, and looking for better ideas than I have now... keep up the excellent work... looking forward to seeing more..

Cheers

Jeff