[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
dsldynamics

Resin 71 GTO

Does anyone make a resin 71 GTO. I know that Reliable Resins makes a 70, but I thought that they also made at least a transkit, to turn a 72 GTO into a 71. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked on Ebay, for a 71 and let me just say the only one I have found was the Doyusha one and it is a bit out of my price range. It also does not meet the needs that I want. I want to build a detailed model with engine and everything. Thanks in advance for any help..

Does anyone make a resin 71 GTO. I know that Reliable Resins makes a 70, but I thought that they also made at least a transkit, to turn a 72 GTO into a 71. Any help would be appreciated. I have looked on Ebay, for a 71 and let me just say the only one I have found was the Doyusha one and it is a bit out of my price range. It also does not meet the needs that I want. I want to build a detailed model with engine and everything. Thanks in advance for any help..

Reliable Resin does offer a transkit to convert the 1972 GTO into a 1971. None on Ebay right now, but you can email direct at ReliableResin@aol.com.

Look in my Fotki by using the link in my signature to see the 1971 I built with this transkit.

Marc

Thanks Marc, I emailed him last night about this and the 70 GTO kit. I appreciate your help on this. BTW, the is a sweet 71 you put together. Thank you once again.

Thanks Marc, I emailed him last night about this and the 70 GTO kit. I appreciate your help on this. BTW, the is a sweet 71 you put together. Thank you once again.

Thanks!

You'll also want to get the '71-72 GTO bumper and taillights from Reliable. The one in the '72 kit is too wide. I mastered this plus the spoilers for the GTO's and was able to acquire the original '71 grill assembly from a fellow modeler.

Be careful of RR. I ordered 2 Mustang Coupe kits 18 weeks ago and haven't received them.

Edited by MONTster

I keep hearing that too, otherwise I would have ordered a few things. looks like nice stuff though.