Model Cars Magazine Forum

*WIP* 48 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Ajay

I started this one awhile back - it's the Galaxie kit plus a Replicas & Minatures resin body, I originally sprayed it flat black and intended to use steelies & whitewalls but to me the look somehow didn't gel so I've decided to go for a more contemporary look. I've cleared the black with Mr Hobby super gloss & the rims are Aoshima LDX's with trim rings from their Junction Scara rims. At the moment it's only thrown together which is why nothing lines up very well - it'll be kerbside as I'll have to take liberties with the suspension etc to get the wider rims to fit. I'll post more progress as I make it.

48custom.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

If you wanna go detailed Rick Hanmore wrote an excellent article on making a street rod out of these kits when they came out back in '98. It was in SAE, if you want the exact info I can find it for you. Looks killer already.

BTW, when it's finished I'd love to add it to my Galaxie Ltd 46-48 Chevies album.

http://public.fotki.com/crstan/galaxie_ltd_46-48/

Thanks Craig - I remember the article - it was a light blue Fleetline from memory - & I've got the mag somewhere so I'll dig it out. Here's two Galaxy kits I built awhile back - the pics are not the best as I was still getting used to taking photos - if you'd like me to get some better pics for your album let me know.

Delivery.jpg

fleetline.jpg

Regards

Andy