Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Chevy II Nova Resto Mod

Zippi

I finished this one up earlier.  This is the Moebius kit which is a great kit but since I decided to change the wheels & tires a lot of mods had to happen.  New front spindles were made to lower and set the wheels in closer to the chassis.  The rear axle housing was also shortened.  The body was painted twice since I wasn't satisfied with the first paint job.  Other than the wheels & tires from the parts box and I wired the engine it is box stock.  Paint is Tamiya acrylic X-7 Red cleared with X22 Clear then polished with Meguiar's products.  The interior is painted with Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black.  All the trim is bmf.    

WIP: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/181543-1964-chevy-ii-nova-resto-mod/

20230525_150329.jpg

20230525_150349.jpg

20230525_150427.jpg

20230525_150456.jpg

20230525_150632.jpg

20230525_150645.jpg

20230525_152055.jpg

20230525_152134.jpg

20230525_152849.jpg

20230525_152919.jpg

20230525_153718.jpg

20230525_153726.jpg

20230525_160432.jpg

20230525_150716.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 13

30 minutes ago, 70 Sting said:

That looks pretty sweet.😎 Nice work with your mods. I have never built a Morbius kit. How do they compare to other manufacturers?

Thanks man.  IMO the Moebius kits are better than AMT and MPC.

Very nice work looks great 
I thought about getting a moebius car kit once until I saw how the chassis are designed and I said nope not for me to many parts to complicated I prefer simple chassis with limited parts moebius car kits are like some of the amt kits that are way more complicated then others and I prefer separate interiors from the chassis which those same amt kits that have the complicated chassis also don’t have leaving me to have to find compatible replacements in the chassis and interior style I like to build  the more they over design the model kit  the easier it is to stop up the build 

Beautiful Nova Bob…your choice of wheels and tires really set off the bright red and overall style of the car.   I’m getting ready to airbrush some Tamiya acrylic and will following your technique and using the Mr Hobby leveling lacquer thinner.  Already did a spoon test and was impressed with the results, thanks for making those YouTube videos.

44 minutes ago, michelle said:

Very nice work looks great 
I thought about getting a moebius car kit once until I saw how the chassis are designed and I said nope not for me to many parts to complicated I prefer simple chassis with limited parts moebius car kits are like some of the amt kits that are way more complicated then others and I prefer separate interiors from the chassis which those same amt kits that have the complicated chassis also don’t have leaving me to have to find compatible replacements in the chassis and interior style I like to build  the more they over design the model kit  the easier it is to stop up the build 

Thanks.  I guess everyone has their favorite kits just like their favorite paint and glues.

28 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Thanks.  I guess everyone has their favorite kits just like their favorite paint and glues.

Yeah that’s true some people like super detailed builds others like simpler decent detailed kits and some like simple detailed kits some people like metallic and pearls colored paints and some like normal gloss colored paints and some like flat or patina colored paints 

1 hour ago, Flatout said:

Beautiful Nova Bob…your choice of wheels and tires really set off the bright red and overall style of the car.   I’m getting ready to airbrush some Tamiya acrylic and will following your technique and using the Mr Hobby leveling lacquer thinner.  Already did a spoon test and was impressed with the results, thanks for making those YouTube videos.

Thanks Pete.  Yeah, those wheels & tires I found in the parts box worked out great.  Well I'm glad someone is getting something out of my videos.  Thanks for watching.

6 minutes ago, michelle said:

Yeah that’s true some people like super detailed builds others like simpler decent detailed kits and some like simple detailed kits some people like metallic and pearls colored paints and some like normal gloss colored paints and some like flat or patina colored paints 

Yup, it's all good, just depends on what what ya like to build and how ya like to build it.  

• Like 1