Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here are 3 of our old ones we have the new Vision series now. My old one is in front. Two of them have the Mack 350/380 engine All have Mack rear ends. One has a Mack 400hp engine (I think its a 380 turned up) all have Eaton transmissions two are 10 speeds one is a 13 speed. All with wet kits. Sad to say After 30 + years of using Mack we are switching to Freightliner ;)

post-4026-1235446104_thumb.jpg

post-4026-1235446266_thumb.jpg

Edited by mredzadventure

Ya that is sad. I drive the only mack in a sea of kenworths in our company. its one of the original trucks. When it was new it had the big E9 500 in it with the 12 speed mack. Wish it still had that kind of power. Seems like everyone is goin to freightliners. To me theyre just cheaply built disposable trucks for fleets. I like my mack! But it will probly be the one and only i ever drive. it was my first truck. Started when i was 19 and this is only my second year, but its a good truck.

I have about 13 years driving the last 9 in a Mack. F-liners are cheaper, you can get them fixed anywhere. They have a little bit better fuel economy. Mack is suited for our industry. We haul Haz waste in tankers we also run roll off. We run the 350/380 a lot of Mack nine speeds and Eaton 10-13 speeds. We all have wet kits for vac work. My CH never let me down over 500k and all that was replaced was an Air dryer and alternator. I have a 2006 Vision day cab now and I like it 350 with a 10 speed. I can gross 50,000 lbs in a taker and still be legal. It has a longer wheel base then the older stuff and it rides nice. I wont break any speed records . When ya haul flammable slow and steady wins the race. I don't like big BOOMS. I think you will see Mack fade from the "Freight" Market and focus on their Utility market since Volvo Owns them now. Mack's brand of garbage truck fire truck, are popular. Heavy haulers here in Mi (We can gross 160,000) use Mack for Tankers Gravel trains you name it. The Mack Granite series is a popular roll off truck also They will be here for awhile.