Model Cars Magazine Forum

Injected Nitro Funny Car

John B.

Hi, All; 

This is my completed Mustang injected nitro funny car that I completed this week. More photos of the build can be found in the WIP Drag Racing section. Many thanks to Randy Meyer Racing (Julie Nataas)

and Mick Steele Racing as well as the NHRA for the inspiration to build it. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

funnycar16.jpg

funnycar17.jpg

funnycar18.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, M W Elky said:

Nice color combo it’s cool to see someone build a modern funny car. Great job 

Thank you very much! Your "Build The Covers" series is very intriguing - it takes a lot of patience to build those. 

Thank you! The absence of sponsor decals was intentional; I wanted the car to be as uncluttered as possible. I promise my next funny car, which is a Porsche 924 and is currently in the works, will have sponsor decals.

I love the concept. It`s good to know those folks who don`t get a chance to go to an NHRA national event can still have the nitro experience at divisional races closer to home. I like it!

Edited by Nitrobarry

2 hours ago, Nitrobarry said:

I love the concept. It`s good to know those folks who don`t get a chance to go to an NHRA national event can still have the nitro experience at divisional races closer to home. I like it!

Thank you very much - I believe that, like the injected nitro dragsters, once they get their tune-ups where they need to be, these cars will fly!