Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 GTX Super Stock

RodBurNeR

I got into a challenge again with 9 other guys from Omaha. At the show Sunday, we all bought a POS for under $5 to put in the pot. We all drew numbers after the show and pictures were taken of each build. Whatever number you drew, you ended up with that model.

The rules are to rebuild it to "nice as you can" from a POS glue bomb, built up/junker. You may not like what you end up with, but the rules are rules....

I ended up with a '70 Plymouth GTX and NO am sorry, but I am not a muscle car guy....but I have built some before.

here is what I have to work with....

MISSING dash board, steering wheel- one on the way!

MISSING air grabber from hood-one on the way!

MISSING 3 wheels- who cares

MISSING engine-coming up with one

THIS ONE IS GOING DRAG RACING!

*this is in the stripper right now*

100_1196-vi.jpg

Bringing out the Bob Dudek beauties!

100_1201-vi.jpg

Will be redoing this tire, but was trying it out....never used these before.

100_1208-vi.jpg

3.gif

Those are really cool wheels!!!! Where can I get a set of those? I'd like some for the Mer-Rodder I'm building. Do he make other styles? and will they fit the Revell pro street tires?

I can't wait to see how your GTX comes out. Good luck with this build, and the competition!

can email me about them awbcrazy@tconl.com

they are made by Bob Dudek

yes they were designed with the revell willys p/s tires in mind, but as you see they fit the polar lights f/c tires too.

thanks for the wishes! i will do my best ;)

;);) A great ride in the day!!!...But PLEASE no Hemi!!!

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Hemis....But this one needs a 440, and a sixpack to go..............

I am not telling ANY stories or talking any $$$ changing hands down at union grove ;);)

BUT you need that 440 :):blink::P

needs more attitude Bob! raise the back to where the lip of the rim is even with the top of the wheel opening and see if you can drop the front almost the same. just watch for how close the K-frame come to the ground in the front. you can make headers for this one really easy from solder

Dave

oh yeah, it will be a bit higher in the rear for sure. I just wanted to see how wheels looked against it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
heres a tip for you Bob if you want to tuck those tires under the fenders in the back. you will need to mini-tub the chassis and then you can use the rear axle out of the Revell '68'69 Charger kits with relocated springs. not long ago i did a Superbird that uses the same Chassis as your GTX kit and did the same, it worked out very well.

section8960.jpg

section8766.jpg

Dave

That is a GREAT tip, Dave. I will have to use that one. Here is my mini tub job under a Monogram 69 Dodge (Same Chassis). I went with the Dana and ladderbars out of the old Monogram 66 malibu flip nose and R&D Unique coil overs.

ssdodge1.jpg