Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Chevelle SS 454

Tonioseven

Antonio you should have convinced the owner that the stripes from the Donk version would have been cooler than the stock ones! i started the same kit as a lowered car and not a high riding Donk and i used those tripes, they are really cool.

Chevelle's are one of my favorite cars ever, at least the '68-'74's and this kit is too in all of it's different variations. Revell could have saved some money on the Donk version and re-used the 4x4 suspension parts from the 80's High Roller version. it probably would have sold better too.

Dave

I tried to get him to let me "be expressive" with it but he wanted he regular run of the mill SS.;) I still have the stripes though and they will make their way onto an Impala SS I got at Big Lots for $5. It will bw de-donked as well. :blink:

To a factory stock muscle car fan, "it don't get no better than this." I built the exact same car with white stripes and a red interior. Also I kitbashed a set of Rally wheels from the Z-28 since I hate those five spoke rims. Did the donk version come with the Black SS stripes? The older version of the kit I had came only with the white. Thanks for sharing

To a factory stock muscle car fan, "it don't get no better than this." I built the exact same car with white stripes and a red interior. Also I kitbashed a set of Rally wheels from the Z-28 since I hate those five spoke rims. Did the donk version come with the Black SS stripes? The older version of the kit I had came only with the white. Thanks for sharing

Nah, Chris B. sent me an extra set he hadfrom the AMT 1:25 version. I modded them a bit to make 'em fit. The Donk kit comes with white and some "designer" SS stripes.