Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Dodge Rampage SRT8

Tumbler75

Ok, now that I have your attention and scratching your head. You're right, Dodge didn't produce such a vehicle after 1987/8. The Dodge Rampage was originally a FWD car based truck off the Omni O24/Charger (Shelby)/Horizon O24/Turismo 2 Dr Hatchback Platform to compete up against the likes of VW with their Rabbit Truck.

Well I wanted to bring this truck into the next century. I am basing this one off the 300C/Charger/Magnum Platform and mostly the Magnum Wagon Car. So far I have chopped off the roof, reconstructed a new top and rear glass using bits from the original Magnum Roof (removing the sunroof) and rear liftgate. I've completed the conversion of making this into a Truck by grafting the bed of a Dodge Sidewinder into place under the new railings around the bed portion. Made new Sail Panels with a faux window. Scratchbuilt a new tailgate (the original was too curved) and got it hinged. The rear bumper is also boxed in and ready for some putty, plus the interior mods are completed. Enjoy!

What I started with:

DSCF3504.jpg

Where it is now:

DSCF3628.jpg

DSCF3629.jpg

DSCF3630.jpg

DSCF3632.jpg

The completed Interior:

DSCF3625.jpg

DSCF3626.jpg

DSCF3649.jpg

DSCF3650.jpg

All Construction Pics Here:http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/In%20Progress%20Builds/2006%20Rampage/

Edited by Tumbler75

Thanx guys for the replies and comments. I've been slowly chuggin' away at this thing hoping that eventually it'll be ready enough to lay down the last bit of primer before throwin' on some colour. Working on a few small tidbits before I am satisfied and ready to paint it. Have a colour in mind I think will really shine on this Concept.

• 2 weeks later...