Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Pontiac Firebird aka "Phoenix"

Tumbler75

I've heard horror stories and success stories about this kit. I'm gonna take this kit, tear it apart basically and then put it right back together. I'm building this car for a Club Build and have to have it done by July 2009. So you ready for a roller coaster ride?

First up: I took the kit out of the looked everything over and planned out a plan of action. Made notes, citations, and figured out where enhancements needed to be made.

DSCF3726.jpg

Second up: I found some wheels I think will suit this build, BUT this could change at anytime durin' the build process.

DSCF3727.jpg

DSCF3728.jpg

Third Up: I decided now it's time to blow this car apart!! I opened up the doors, trunk, and removed the cowl/wiper board from it's current location. The cowl was then glued to the leading edge of the hood for a later modifcation.

DSCF3729.jpg

DSCF3730.jpg

Well more to come later on. Enjoy! B)

UPDATE: 2009/March 7th

Well I figured I'd bring everyone up to speed on this one.

I have made the jambs, glued the "tub" together, made the rear trunk "lip," filled in the cowl, and made some other alterations. Thanx for lookin'!

DSCF3734.jpg

DSCF3736.jpg

DSCF3737.jpg

DSCF3740.jpg

DSCF3742.jpg

Enjoy! B)

• 3 months later...

I just came across this build while looking for info and ideas for a quick build I am doing of this kit. Mine is no where as detailed as this build.

Are ther any updates to this build? Three months- either this got sidetracked or should be looking pretty good by now. Anything??

Later-