Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duplicolor primer question

Guest promodmerc

Guest promodmerc

I always use the Truck & Van primer. Today I was at Advance Auto and they have the Truck & Van primer as well as the sandable. The truck & van says on the can it is sandable too.

The sandable is on sale for $3.99 a can (large). The Truck & Van is $5.69 a can (large) If the sandable is a lacquer I'll stock up.

I always use the Truck & Van primer. Today I was at Advance Auto and they have the Truck & Van primer as well as the sandable. The truck & van says on the can it is sandable too.

The sandable is on sale for $3.99 a can (large). The Truck & Van is $5.69 a can (large) If the sandable is a lacquer I'll stock up.

I have used BOTH for 30 years on all of my models. I can not tell the difference between the two.

I use Duplicolor primer under ALL paints that I have used with no problems ever. Buy either can,,,it won't matter.

Edited by Lyle Willits

As for thier primers, I have used both laquar based and enamel based, with the same results. There has been no difference between white, red, green or black other then the base color for you top coats. I have used the green etching with succes on tires before using thier white for the white walls. I usually use the etching on everything or the sandable. Once in a great while if I am doing a bunch of custom body work, I will use the high build formula to help fill in the small spots that may be left after putty. Thanks. jody