Model Cars Magazine Forum

Williams FW24

Scale-Master

An out of the box build using Tamiya paints throughout, even right from the can in several circumstances.

I started this a good six months ago, but was interrupted many times by many things.

While this is not a simple model to build, it is rewarding if you have the patience to take your time. It's the delicacy of some of the parts that can be frustrating, especially when you forget about little details from an earlier building episode, (not a fault of the kit).

A tip to anyone who is looking to build one, the TS-76 Mica Silver is a great match for the silver on the decal sheet. And go easy with the solvent. Some is needed, to make the decals conform, but they get gooey very quickly even with mild decal solvents. - Mark

DSC07175.jpg

DSC07176.jpg

DSC07174.jpg

DSC07173.jpg

• 3 years later...

Nice...Nice...i am getting ready to break ground on this kit....came across yours and "Wow"....for sure i can't wait to get going on this....I have the Tamiya " Full View" version of this subject...

Question..I really like the wheels (color) you had chosen on this....perhaps do you recall what you used?

Thanks for the tip on the Tamiya TS-Mica Sliver...

Well Thanks and Cheers...Don