Model Cars Magazine Forum

sanding foam pads

• 2 weeks later...

sallys beauty supply, or any beauty supply store I would assume. finger nail files.

foam middle all sorts of grits from corse to ultrafine, also come in various sizes,

picked up 3 the other day and payed about $3.50 look and work just like the old ones

I had from the hobby shop.

Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, K-Mart all carry nail sanding boards in a variety of grits. Scale Dreams also sells sanding sticks in a variety of grits. You might aalso want to check Flexifile.

They do but only in coarse grits...I'm looking for 1000 , 1200 , or 1500 grit

:rolleyes::lol::D

Go back a few issues of our favorite magazine and there is a large ad for a company that has pads in various grits for a good price.

You do actually read MCM, right?

Gary

Read?????? I just look at the pix!!.....what issue??? ^_^

They do but only in coarse grits...I'm looking for 1000 , 1200 , or 1500 grit

:lol::lol::blink:

Look again, Walmart usually carries sets of three and they are marked "clean", "condition" and "shine" ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10414122 ). I use them for model building, but have also found that they are great for doing trigger jobs on guns so I buy them quite frequently. B)

Edited by Olle F

:unsure::angry: I deeply appreciate all of the help guys....but I don't want the "beauty supplies"..I already use them and I have used the micro mesh polishing pads for final work....BUT this what I'm talking about....

EZ touch sanding sponges(CDM 70125)

033.jpg