Model Cars Magazine Forum

Art Arfons Green Monster #6

RadRidesByDan

Dan, THAT is one Rad Ride! Yep it sure does look like the GM#6 I remember! Now Daddy-O all ya gotta do is build his 1st Jet Car! I have 2 1/32nd scale jet engines, I think one is a J-79 outta a F-4 Phantom jet fighter, and another from a MiG 21 don't know what type it is,but it looks cool. If'n ya wanna try it let me know an I'll send ya one! OUTSTANDING build, as usual. Thanks for the memories!!! :rolleyes:

These is one of the most awsome builds I have ever seen! Dan you have outdonr yourself on this one! I am not ashamed to give my age away and say I actually saw this car race(perform?) in the early 60s at Union Grove Dragway in Wisconsin. Well it was one of the first six, anyway, can't remeber exactly! Is brother Walt Arfons raced these Allison cars and later Jets, too. What were they called, were they the Bo Weevils? I got that parts pack with the motor on it, but I'm afraid to try this! ;)

These is one of the most awsome builds I have ever seen! Dan you have outdonr yourself on this one! I am not ashamed to give my age away and say I actually saw this car race(perform?) in the early 60s at Union Grove Dragway in Wisconsin. Well it was one of the first six, anyway, can't remeber exactly! Is brother Walt Arfons raced these Allison cars and later Jets, too. What were they called, were they the Bo Weevils? I got that parts pack with the motor on it, but I'm afraid to try this! :P

Walt was also involved in with Art in the engineering and racing of these monsters. I found 1 good link to the Arfons cars from different years....hope this helps... http://www.americanjetcars.com/arfbro.html

As for you trying this build or any of his with the allison motor....I say....GO FOR IT!....its a very simple build to do. The motor will be the most complicated part of the whole build. Or in some cases the purchase of the body :blink::lol: ....thats if you do it the same way I did it :blink::lol:

Not only the model came out absolutely stunning and great, and not only I learned about the real thing, but the story of the build and the ingenious use of "parts" makes this whole story very interesting.

Now, make sure the front wheels are properly balanced. you don't want any vibration to affect it :lol::blink::lol:

Thanks,