Model Cars Magazine Forum

Leaning tower of power Dare to be different project updated

Mj-Styro

Started this one 4 years ago and decided it was time to get back on it this evening.......

added Plug wires,fuel line.the rest i did back when LOL.....

Oh and painted the blower and Tranny as well.........

Starting to shape up now!

Its going in a 1969 GTX Convertible that will look very stock on the outside with dual exhaust........

MVC674S-vi.jpg

MVC675S-vi.jpg

MVC676S-vi.jpg

Here's acouple more view's!

I built this car many years ago and started the restoration on it probly 4 years ago,(Built it Org. back when it came out and guessing 89 and only painted the body red..........) Well since then i have it going togather well!!!.

Was stumped on the induction but after runnin thru the engine bin (Pail) i found a cool Injection set up from a ford pickup Monogram F350. Modifyed it alittle to get it to work..........

MVC679S-vi.jpg

MVC681S-vi.jpg

MVC682S-vi.jpg

MVC683S-vi.jpg

MVC684S-vi.jpg

Thats cool. Where did the Slant-6 Power Pack and blower set up come from? I need to get me one of those for a Duster project that I have had going on forever.

The slant six came from the Deroa Kit and the blower was scratch built out of Alum tubing and the intake from a 1999 SVT Ford lightining pickup

the injector/TBI came from a monogram 1992?? F350 daully kit (F250 is the same engine as well).......

Just a matter of trying to blend it all togather when you gather enough pieces......

Thanks!

Here's a really wacky thought that I wish I could have shared before you painted the body...

Given the creative engine treatment, a subtle clue of what lay underneath would have been to remove the one power bulge on the driver side, since the air intake is more to the passenger side. One side flat, one side as original. It'd get stares, for sure!

By the way, I love what you did with the engine!!