Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lotus 25

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I completed this earlier this year. One of my favourite Grand Prix cars of all time. Its the basic Tamiya kit with the detail set from Thunder Valley. I removed the stock rear springs and wound my own. Brakes are plumbed, engine is wired and all instruments are wired. Thanks for looking.

lotusdone4.jpg

lotus25done3.jpg

lotus25done2.jpg

Posted · Report post

Impressive! Yes, I am very impressed indeed!

Thank you for posting....

8)

Posted · Report post

Nice work!!

Posted · Report post

Looks great!

I have the same kit, and wonder upon wonders it's missing a part from the factory. It only has 7 of the original intake trumpets. Where can I get a set of those metal ones? I was about to start the kit a couple years back and gave up when I saw the part was missing, and I had bought it long before I was going to build it.

Posted · Report post

Looks great!

I have the same kit, and wonder upon wonders it's missing a part from the factory. It only has 7 of the original intake trumpets. Where can I get a set of those metal ones? I was about to start the kit a couple years back and gave up when I saw the part was missing, and I had bought it long before I was going to build it.

Bob. You can get the aluminum trumpets from Thunder Valley (http://www.thundervalleyusa.com/pg8.htm) as part of their detail set. Quite frankly, I don't think the set is worth it. The parts are cast from the original Tamiya parts so are no more realistic than what's already there. In addition, many of the parts (disc brakes, cam covers, steering wheel and wheels) have to be painted anyway, so the advantages of metal parts disappear. There are no PE parts included. If you just want the trumpet, PM me with your address and I'll send you the missing piece.

Posted · Report post

Very nice detail work on a famous race car.

Posted · Report post

Very nice detail work on a famous race car.

Thanks Gary. I've always thought this was one of the nicest GP cars of all time.

Posted · Report post

I have a couple of these made by AMT and IMC and are of course crude compared to the Tamiya product, but I cant wait until I get started on mine.