Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doing something for my brother

Hey guys, I'm Bob Josh's older brother, Im doing 2 things for the big guy. Im getting him a digital camera for xmas so he can show his work. But I also have a question, I am doing a truck for him but I cant let him know I am (by the time he sees this he will have it already) I have about 2 weeks before he comes in off the road and I am working on that chrome tanker trailer for the daycab Pete he made last month, now my question is can I throw decals on the tank and make the lines dissapear? Im not sure what to do could I spray with clear when im done or is there another way........ if even possible. Any help would be awesome. Thanks, Bob

Bob. The waterslide decal will always show on the chrome. If you clear coat over it, it might show more.

If the graphics are simple lettering, maybe a vinyl sign shop could custom cut the letters/graphics for you, and you could apply them to the tanker?

There would be no decal film showing.

Just a thought.

Tim

BOB!!!!!!!! You think I wouldn't see that? In Carlisle gettin the truck worked on so I am at the terminal. Tell ya what you make it happen and do it right I won't mind you using my name on my computer. BTW Tracy down at Minihan has done lettering for me before. Oh and yea a cam. sweet then I can start throwin pics up here. See ya in a few days I'm due home next Friday.

Oh since your on my comp go see Tim's site take a look at what that man can do!!!!!