Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Datsun truck

59 Impala

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been so long on this build but I got some work done finally. I almost thru it across the room a few times. Nothing fits very well on this kit and I had some problems with the painting of the hood. Anyway, here are some pics of what she looks like now.

CustomDatsun25.jpg

CustomDatsun23.jpg

CustomDatsun17.jpg

CustomDatsun16.jpg

CustomDatsun15.jpg

I painted it using white pearl in front and then about midway thru the door I used interferance violet and painted it all the way back to the end. This was a real experience for me that's for sure. I will post more pics when I'm done with it. I have to install the exhaust, outside mirrors and the battery and she'll be finished. So stay tuned. Dan

That looks AWESOME Dan!!!! I'm glad you didn't toss it into a wall! Thanks for all the parts you've sent me for mine! You've made my truck a whole lot cooler.... as soon as I get back to it :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing the finish of your truck! Take care my friend! :D

Thanks for the kind comments guys, and Marshall you're welcome my friend. I'm glad that you can use them. Well, she is finished and it didn't turn out to bad concidering what it started out as. Here are the pics of the finished truck. Hope ya like.

CustomDatsun29.jpg

CustomDatsun30.jpg

CustomDatsun31.jpg

CustomDatsun32.jpg

CustomDatsun33.jpg

The violet doesn't show up on the white I guess cause it's so close to the white. It does show up over the black though.

Marshall, I sure would like to see what you do with yours soplease post pics when you can. Thanks fer lookin. Dan