Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project CRX

Mike601

Fujimi has done a really super job with this CRX. I've built several of theme and in fact hunting for their rarest kit which is the Mugen PRO.2 which has optional bumpers and rear wing. This is a simple kit to put together, but if your painting skills are of good quality, it's an excellent kit and alot of fun.

Where did those wheels come from?

Fujimi has done a really super job with this CRX. I've built several of theme and in fact hunting for their rarest kit which is the Mugen PRO.2 which has optional bumpers and rear wing. This is a simple kit to put together, but if your painting skills are of good quality, it's an excellent kit and alot of fun.

Where did those wheels come from?

The wheels are from a fujimi BBS wheel and tire set, bought about ten years ago haven't seen them anywhere

That PRO.2 is one rare, rare kit. I doubt we'll find one anytime soon. I'm working very slowly on the MR2 as this is my first time at a kit like this. I've never cut off a bumper before and very nervous!

Don't be nervous, I like to use a razor saw, gives you very clean cuts and maybe use a gap filling CA glue to put on the new bumpers. As for that crx only saw a finished build on another forum! Do the sideskirts overlap or do you have to cut those also?

Fujimi was really nice to us with this kit as they made all body parts overlap. Only thing is, on the very corner of the bumpers where it meats the headlights/tailights, you'll want to use putty to fill it in to make it smooth. Also, a note on the sideskirts, you'll want to putty the bottom half of the door below the protectors as the real Mugen is completely smooth there. No cutting required here.

Be carefull when searching, there are some CRX kit's marked as Mugen, but the ones we're seeing on ebay these days have NOT been the Pro.2.

What you want to look for, is the Pro.2, don't rely specifically on Mugen. Pro.2 is what you want to look for. Another rare kit is Tamyia's 86-87 Mugen CRX, there's would be Pro.1 I guess but not marked as such.

I desperatly want this Mugen Pro.2. That, and a few more KS models. :rolleyes:. But if I had the choice, Mugen Pro.2 would be first!

Fujimi was really nice to us with this kit as they made all body parts overlap. Only thing is, on the very corner of the bumpers where it meats the headlights/tailights, you'll want to use putty to fill it in to make it smooth. Also, a note on the sideskirts, you'll want to putty the bottom half of the door below the protectors as the real Mugen is completely smooth there. No cutting required here.

Be carefull when searching, there are some CRX kit's marked as Mugen, but the ones we're seeing on ebay these days have NOT been the Pro.2.

What you want to look for, is the Pro.2, don't rely specifically on Mugen. Pro.2 is what you want to look for. Another rare kit is Tamyia's 86-87 Mugen CRX, there's would be Pro.1 I guess but not marked as such.

I desperatly want this Mugen Pro.2. That, and a few more KS models. :rolleyes:. But if I had the choice, Mugen Pro.2 would be first!

Thanks for the info,this is my 1:1 mr2my-pics-001.jpgmy-pics-002.jpg