Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast and Furious

I dont' understand this one yet. Is it supposed to be a re-make of the original movie, or is it supposed to be the third one? I had assumed Tokyo Drift was the third one, but it was never called the third one, just a different one. So, confused about this one. It SHOULD be titled as Fast and Furious 3, but it's not. It's almost advertised as a re-make? Why re-make? I liked the first three, well, I liked 2F2F and Tokyo Drift much better than the first. So let's hope this one is even better. Yet, some of it reminds me of Death Race for some ill reason? Death Race or Mad Max, one of the two where their racing in the desert.

I know where the flat green camaro came from its the F BOMB that hot rod magazine did.if i remember right it has something like 1500 hp.The chevelle came outta the deathrace movie(when the chick drives up at the end of the movie) just a little bit more paint on it.The carger is outta the first one it was one of the filler cars during the movie.The import that cop drives is outta the second movie 2f2f.The others like the grand national and the trucks are all new.

Edited by evilone

I think of all of theme Tokyo drift was my favorite. The chase seen was really awesome, and Han's orange/black Mazda was sweet too. Oh and let's not forget that Asian actress in Tokyo Drift. She was SMOKIN! I sure loved her! ;)

I'm still seeing Death Race and Mad Max scenes in this new one. Anyone else see's it?

I dont' understand this one yet. Is it supposed to be a re-make of the original movie, or is it supposed to be the third one? I had assumed Tokyo Drift was the third one, but it was never called the third one, just a different one. So, confused about this one. It SHOULD be titled as Fast and Furious 3, but it's not. It's almost advertised as a re-make? Why re-make? I liked the first three, well, I liked 2F2F and Tokyo Drift much better than the first. So let's hope this one is even better. Yet, some of it reminds me of Death Race for some ill reason? Death Race or Mad Max, one of the two where their racing in the desert.

2 Fast 2 Furious is a remake of The Fast and the Furious. Tokyo Drift is supposed to be before The Fast and The furious. Fast and Furious is a sequal (or prequal, if I spelled those right) to 2Fast 2Furious. I am going to see it tommorrow, so I'll tell you guys how I thought it was.

I want to read this thread so bad.. but I hate spoilers and I'm afraid I'll see some... so until then.. I'm going to see the movie ASAP.. I was supposed to go today but my friend bailed on me so hopefully I find someone to drag with me tomorrow.. lol

Just saw it. Great movie.It takes place timewise between 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift. Awesome mix of cars, something for everybody. Different from all of the other movies to in a good way. Tokyo Drift was my favourite as well, until I saw this one. Oh and another plus....no forced lines or bullspit with characters talking about their bad throttle response and listing off their mods like they're reading from a catalog. No extra scenes after the credits either, so you don't gotta wait around. Hope I didn't spoil anything.

Just saw it. Great movie.It takes place timewise between 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift. Awesome mix of cars, something for everybody. Different from all of the other movies to in a good way. Tokyo Drift was my favourite as well, until I saw this one. Oh and another plus....no forced lines or bullspit with characters talking about their bad throttle response and listing off their mods like they're reading from a catalog. No extra scenes after the credits either, so you don't gotta wait around. Hope I didn't spoil anything.

I saw a making of: on HBO and I sort of figured out that it took place between 2 Fast and Tokyo Drift because of a certain character that was in both films. Sorry to be so vague but I don't wanna spoil the movie for anyone. I will say I really wanna see it 'cause I can't figure out how they woulda ever let Brian be a cop again. Hope there's a backstory on that. And Kevin is right the F-Bomb Camaro was built by David Frieberger and HRM. 1500 HP in a Camaro. Sick, absolutely sick.

I saw a making of: on HBO and I sort of figured out that it took place between 2 Fast and Tokyo Drift because of a certain character that was in both films. Sorry to be so vague but I don't wanna spoil the movie for anyone. I will say I really wanna see it 'cause I can't figure out how they woulda ever let Brian be a cop again. Hope there's a backstory on that. And Kevin is right the F-Bomb Camaro was built by David Frieberger and HRM. 1500 HP in a Camaro. Sick, absolutely sick.

that is NOT the real f-bomb camaro, they are look a likes, just like the hammer is not the real car either, though it was the real deal at the end of tokyo drift

that is NOT the real f-bomb camaro, they are look a likes, just like the hammer is not the real car either, though it was the real deal at the end of tokyo drift

This is true but the actual cars were in the movie according to hot rod mag.Though they were never drivin(i guess vin was scared to get in the F-BOMB though who would blame him)

My question is what is this Hammer everyone is talking about is it the chevelle that stands up in the race?

Hammer is the 70 plymouth gtx that appered at the very end of tokyo drift. IIRC it was built be Steve Stopes (sp) at Pure Vision.

and the real f-bomb camaro was not in the movie, every single one was a replica of it :)

OH that one was tight as hell.

And i guess hot rod lied LOL.

i have that issue of hotrod, and theres nowhere in that article that it says that vin diesel wouldnt get into the camaro, and it says that the real f-bomb isnt in it, and that the replicas dont have the twin turbos, or near as much detail as the real one :D

i have that issue of hotrod, and theres nowhere in that article that it says that vin diesel wouldnt get into the camaro, and it says that the real f-bomb isnt in it, and that the replicas dont have the twin turbos, or near as much detail as the real one :(

IDK

i was also wondering why the windshield looked different it looked like it wat OG glass not plexi.Oh well im still gonna see it.

The tag "Fast and the Furious" is a franchise, much like "national lampoon". It was never ment to be filmed as 1,2,3,4,5 and so on. All the characters seem to blend at one point or another. I'm just glad they've seened to keep the same actors so far. I cant wait to see it my self, the first film set the stage for the vibe but "Tokyo Drift" is my favorite so far. Moslty for the opening race that ends with the star in the police station shooting a @#$% eating grin at the girl with a bloody grill. (man that was great)

I think Tokyo Drift had the hottest chick in there. Wish I knew the name of that Asian girl, she was yummy!

If your talking about the girl he falls for (Neela), she's from Peru. Her names Nathalie Kelley. Try google, I dont think shes been in many films.

Edited by moparmagiclives