Model Cars Magazine Forum

Royal Purple 60 Chevy

RadRidesByDan

Its a 1960 Chevy tht was customized. It has a NASCAR chevy motor with custom valve covers and fully detailed. It was tubbed out pro street style and mounted to a custom made base.

It has an alarm system that is remote control activated with a range up to 65 feet. It has a horn and can start. he alarm is a Spider web design with brass bearing. the slightest vibration shifts the bearing and sets it off. All wired and plumbed.

For video click on the first pic.

th_zzzzzzzzzzzzz114.jpg

RoyalPurple60Chevy2.jpg

RoyalPurple60Chevy3.jpg

RoyalPurple60Chevy8.jpg

RoyalPurple60Chevy9.jpg

1960ChevyFleetside4.jpg

Edited by RadRidesByDan

Very nice job...

but the video link doesn't work. :lol:

If you got to your local toy store like Zellers or Toys-R-Us....and go to the boys toy car sections. some of these cars have remotes and buttons to push. You have fire trucks, police cars and tons of other ones. I found a Mercedes that had the alarm. took the toy apart and rewired it nto a model kit using Peeble lights for train models for the lights.

All for about $25.00

how long does the alarm stay on stand by or does it go off after a little while?

It stays on standby until you shut it off. The best thing about it is that when people at shows see the red LED on the dash, they assume its just for looks until they touch....then you get this :blink: Deer caught in the headlights look....and they try to hide thier faces. Its a riot to play games with them. When the alrm goes off I reset it with the remote or shut it off and honk the horn.

It keeps me amused all day B)

It stays on standby until you shut it off. The best thing about it is that when people at shows see the red LED on the dash, they assume its just for looks until they touch....then you get this :blink: Deer caught in the headlights look....and they try to hide thier faces. Its a riot to play games with them. When the alrm goes off I reset it with the remote or shut it off and honk the horn.

It keeps me amused all day B)

sounds great mate

can not wait for the pics of how you do it

and any chave of the name of the product you used for this one?

(who made it and product number if you know it or pics of the box n stuff?)

Sorry its a chevy.....................................Now me and you have a problem

Your truck is better then mine and now i must cry LOL.Sick work bro now i wonder why you have a tonue cover is that where the circut board is?

:):lol::lol: No problem here my friend

in the box is where the spider web sensor is. it is glued to the front of the box right near the cab. this way no matter where you touch the car the brass bearing shifts enough to set the alarm off. the circut board and battery pack is under the base..... no wires show. I have the truck mounted on chrome stands like a show truck would and the wires run through the tubing....making it all clean and wireless

:blink::lol::lol: No problem here my friend

in the box is where the spider web sensor is. it is glued to the front of the box right near the cab. this way no matter where you touch the car the brass bearing shifts enough to set the alarm off. the circut board and battery pack is under the base..... no wires show. I have the truck mounted on chrome stands like a show truck would and the wires run through the tubing....making it all clean and wireless

Oh master i must learn more LOL.Sonds like you put alot of time in this one>And might i say it was worth it ;) .