Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Dog Speed Shop Parts Truck

Tommy Kortman

This is the first time I am posting photos of my work here in "under glass".

This is a peice I did a while ago, and is currently the only thing I have some photos of on Fotki.

Our very own Uncle Bobby was kind enough to post a couple of my photos on his Fotki site. THANKS BOB!!!

Anyway, here they are.

Big_DogLF.jpg

Big_DogREAR.jpg

I built it as a shop truck, rode hard and put away wet. The louvers on the hood are open. (inspired by Lyle Willits)

Under the hood is a full tilt flathead with all the go fast parts.

(I promise I'll post the pics as soon as I can.) The hood is functional as are the door handles and latches(Bill Geary inspired).

It is painted with Poly Scale Railroad colors, and weathered with Rust-all, washes, rubbed(sanded) through paint layers, salt, and pastel powders.

The injected small block in the bed is a Ross Gibson resin peice.

Edited by Tommy Kortman

Very nice execution of a great kit.

The paint job is first rate. You gotta love that Railroad paint.

Nice mix of parts, you really got a flat head under the hood? I don't doubt it, it must be tight though.

New rolling stock means it's driven.

Good job.

Way cool, the subject lends itself to what ever the builder chooses it to be. Your choice is first rate. Having just completed my first weathered build I know you put in a lot more work then I did on mine. Very impressive.

Thanks to everybody. I will definitely try to get some more stuff posted here. Right now I'm in the middle of moving, so it might be a little bit.

I am not the fastest person when it comes to the computer. I have to work on one all day long, so I tend to shy away from it when I can.

I will try to get some pics up soon.

Thanks again for the kind words.

I just remembered...Tim Powers from MAMAs took some photos of this truck a while back for their website. He got a shot of the engine & interior if I'm not mistaken. Here is the link to the photos. Tim takes great photos!!! Id like to thank Tim for the permission to use these photos.

MAMAs model du jour June 2005

Model du Jour #2

model du jour #3

Model du jour #4

Edited by Tommy Kortman

Tommy, I was wondering why I missed this at the Philly Sit, then remembered you were sick that day. Fantastic build. These weathering jobs always fascinate me, and sometime I'll have to try one. I'm still working on perfecting the shiny shelf model. :lol:

Super cool hot rod truck. It's one of the most realistic weathering jobs I have seen on a model. Great engine detailing. I have to agree with davezinn that it's one of the coolest builds of this kit. I have seen this model before from photos on Lyle Willits Fotki page and was very impressed. I am glad you have decided to share with everyone on this forum.

carrucha