Model Cars Magazine Forum

I went off the deep end...

Besides having the DM800 to work on (which has slowed to a crawl), I decided to take on the model builders blasphemy- I did a diecast. I bought these three First Gear Macks for $33, a deal too good to pass up. They're used, I beteen the three, I can make two complete ones. This one was the first under the torch. It started put as a tractor missing its fifth wheel that was dressed in Irving Jensen Contractors livery. THe way these things go together, the fenders can be separated form the cab. I stripped the red part, which was badly chipped anyway, and repainted it Caterpillar yellow. I fabbed a tank from PVC, spray bars from brass, and rear fenders from sheetmetal. When the dust cleared, I had the beginnings of a one-off water truck.

Diecast051.jpg

Diecast052.jpg

The spray bar and tank will be yellow, the fenders black. I also fabbed thepump using some 1/25 truck parts. More specifically, a Peterbilt sterring box and half a turbo. I'll grab some pics of that later

Heres the before and a 50% complete after.

Diecast053.jpg

I'll be jumping back on the DM in couple days, this is a quickie project. Thanks for taking a look everyone.

P.S.

Hey Tim, would this particular piece of diecast be worthy of submission to truckmodeler.com? I know you don't normally, but sometimes they sneak in.