Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welcome to the "hotel California" such a lovly place, ok I'v lost it, but on to the build. I started with the Monogram 1/16 Pete, converted it to a "butterfly"hood, scratch built the frame, sleeper box, (working)steering box, front springs, sleeper int.(all wood),head ache rack w/ emergency flashers for oversized loads, and tail light bar,dual turboed the Cat v8, all working lights including the dash board and switches. more pics coming soon. comments are welcomed and Thank you for looking

100_3443.jpg

100_3455.jpg

100_3447.jpg

Rick,

Very impressive and very ambitious! Have you any photo's closer up? I would like to have a look at some of the details. They may help me with some of my own ideas for a build that I have ongoing.

Good Luck with the rest of the build and keep us posted.

Best Wishes

Dave

Rick,

This is exceptional work! Superb standard and some great ideas. I would never have thought about installing real studs to the wheels and the brake shoes, just great. I shall be watching out for this one definately!

Good Luck with the rest of the build.

Best Wishes

Dave

Thank you for the great comments guys, I got this kit from "cfnutcase" over two years ago when I was still in Utah, so it has some miles on it, it was stalled but shes mow back on the bench and I hope to have it done in about 6 months, will post more pics when I get some taken

This is one of those kits you have to see in person to truly apreciate, Rick has done some really cool stuff to it, I think he needs some serious therapy. He is a sick, sick, SICK, man.......Jim

Nope, he aint even started to get serious with it YET, it's still pretty much outa-da-box still, there's a bloody lot more he could do to it, if he really tries hard enough.

Done it all before, like 20 year ago, still got a few pics, that's if anybody is interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...