Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP: Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

David Thibodeau

Well I picked this kit up last week. I had not intention of getting this kit because at first I thought the car was ugly.... but it has grown on me and I stumbled across a Novitec Rosso version of the car with Enzo style wheels that filled it out nicely.. so I thought... hmm.... all it needs to give me inspiration to build it is some big rims and low profile tires.. I searched around and found these Aoshima Orden 20" blingers.... this car will be a "unique whip" treated car... big chromies but classy as well. Especially covered in Cobra colors blue toure de france metallic and HOK clear!!! its a breathtaking ferrari color and is an available color on the scag.. (see TJ?? Ferraris can be all kinds of colors!!! :lol: ) SO here it is below, mocked up with the tires and wheels all polished out... I will add ferrari wheel centers to make them look right at home on the supercar....

P1010010-vi.jpg

P1010013-vi.jpg

P1010014-vi.jpg

Engine progress:

P1010096-vi.jpg

Chassis progress:

P1010098-vi.jpg

Engine Tray installed:

P1010099-vi.jpg

Another Mock up with all the glass in place.

P1010100-vi.jpg

Dave T

Looks great! That color suits it well.

I'm sad that Cobra Colors has ceased doing business though. Here's an excerpt of what Leon wrote me:

"I had to close due to a sudden responsibility I have to take on which won't permit me the time necessary to continue to operate and develop Cobra Colors. I closed once before under similar circumstances and came back so I've learned to never say never, but for now I have no idea if or when that might be."

:cry:

Looks great! That color suits it well.

I'm sad that Cobra Colors has ceased doing business though. Here's an excerpt of what Leon wrote me:

"I had to close due to a sudden responsibility I have to take on which won't permit me the time necessary to continue to operate and develop Cobra Colors. I closed once before under similar circumstances and came back so I've learned to never say never, but for now I have no idea if or when that might be."

:cry:

I totally agree Bob.... I cannot believe Leon closed.... I have about 10 of his colors but wanted more... what a shame.....

Thanks for looking guys!!

DaveT

David, that looks great! I've seen your work elsewhere online, and am always impressed and enjoy watching your builds come together. This 612 is no different. Beautiful paint work and wheel choice! If I may be so bold as to suggest possibly sleeving the rear wheels in Pegasus 23" sleeves for a big & little performance look? Just a thought.

David, that looks great! I've seen your work elsewhere online, and am always impressed and enjoy watching your builds come together. This 612 is no different. Beautiful paint work and wheel choice! If I may be so bold as to suggest possibly sleeving the rear wheels in Pegasus 23" sleeves for a big & little performance look? Just a thought.

I am sticking with the wheels the way they are Matt, but thanks for the suggestion!!!

Thanks guys!! Its almost done!! ride height has been established. All that is left is rear tailites, exhaust, headlight covers, and minor details.....

P10100023-vi.jpg

P10100024-vi.jpg

P10100027-vi.jpg

P10100028-vi.jpg

DaveT