Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford 4dr. Rag Top

Classic Plastic

Here's my latest build. An MPC "Switchers" kit. Not to much chassis, engine or interior detail. It was kind of a snoozer, but it kept me off the streets for about a month. I like the way it turned out. The kit does have some potential with about half dozen engine configurations. It also includes two bodies and two sets of rims so there are a few combinations to work with there too. Comments always welcome!

32Body003a.jpg

32Body002b.jpg

32Detail014.jpg

32Engine004.jpg

Edited by Classic Plastic

A '32 grille and grille shell is provided in the Switchers kit. There is also an additional Model A grille in the kit which is supposed to be a "custom" part, although in the 1:1 world, I don't believe anyone EVER put a Model A grille on a Deuce. The bodies in the kit are a '32 Tudor Sedan and a '32 Phaeton. The kit is early '70's era.

Hi Raul! Thanks for the positive comments and interest. Sorry it took so long for me to reply...here are a couple pix of the '32 topless.

Yeah...I think that it looks a lot better without the top! :blink:

If I remember, there was also a chopped convertible top option, too.

Thanks for sharing,

Lyle-Thanks for the input and info. You are a 100% correct, the chrome grill is a custom part and the other grill shell offered in the kit is to be painted with a chrome grill insert. I have no knowledge of 32 Fords, I just wanted something different with alot of chrome to match the engine.

Raul- Glad you like the topless version. The MPC kit (my kit anyway) does not include a chopped ragtop. I agree the top down version looks sportyier (sportier?), The ragtop looks like something off the Monkee Mobile..LOL!