Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'41 Ford Kustom on the bench...UPDATED PIX 10/29/06

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is a kitbash of a Revell '48 Ford convertible with an AMT '41 Ford woodie to create a '41 convertible. The top is chopped about 3 scale inches and it uses the Carson top from the '48 kit. The front end uses frenched headlights from an AMT '57 Ford. I sanded down the '41 grille to make it into a bullnose, then added the custom grille insert from an older issue of the AMT '36 Ford. The Caddy bumpers came from an old AMT Parts Pack. Thanks for lookin'!

Randy

100_1130.jpg

Here's a couple of pix of the beginnings of fadeaway fenders. I built these using body sides from a Testors Chezoom kit. The wheels and tires came from a Road Rats diecast; I like 'em so much I might just use 'em!

41Kustom_2.jpg

41Kustom_1.jpg

Posted · Report post

That is looking cool

Posted · Report post

Nice kitbash Randy

George Christy

Posted · Report post

Very kool!!

Nice nose! I may do the same - graft the '41 nose to the '48 body - since I like the '41 Fords better. And with the Goodguys reissue coming in '07, I can have an extra body handy if I mess up.

Posted · Report post

Looking good ! ...more than good ..looking kool ! :shock:

Man, we need more pics of that baby ! keep them coming ! 8)

I love those bumpers...don't know exactly why... :roll:

Posted · Report post

Very kool!!

Nice nose! I may do the same - graft the '41 nose to the '48 body - since I like the '41 Fords better. And with the Goodguys reissue coming in '07, I can have an extra body handy if I mess up.

Maybe I can talk Norm into resurecting this mold. He discontinued the 41 Ford body when the Revell kit got scarce.

cars074-vi.jpg

cars4011-vi.jpg

Posted · Report post

Looking sharp

Chuck J

Posted · Report post

Oooh, I forgot about that old catalog item, Lyle. Yup, that might be the way to go. Start working on Norm for that one! :)

To steer this back to Randy's kustom - Got any update pics?

Posted · Report post

Oooh, I forgot about that old catalog item, Lyle. Yup, that might be the way to go. Start working on Norm for that one! :lol:

To steer this back to Randy's kustom - Got any update pics?

Thanks, everybody! Wow, I had never actually seen one of Norm's '41 castings. That is GORGEOUS! Anyways, I'll have update pix as soon as I make some progress on the fadeaway fenders. I'm getting jazzed about this project now; maybe I'll actually finish this one(?!)

Posted · Report post

Thanks, everybody! Wow, I had never actually seen one of Norm's '41 castings. That is GORGEOUS!

Norm's casting, but Lyle's master ! :wink: